Why isn't Overeem's win against Lesnar ruled a No Contest?

I love the hate for Overeem.

He would have beaten the shit out of JDS, without too much problem.

Cain is a much better/more interesting fight with his cardio, strength, striking and gnp.

Agreed, especially since he fled to Holland to avoid a post fight drug test.

It was actually the pre-fight drug test, the one most likely to detect if he had been using or not. Most fighters are not stupid enough to use so close to the match that the post-fight drug test pops them.

his actual drug test from the lesnar fight was clean.

his RANDOM drug testing inbetween the lesnar and jds fight was the one which was dirty.

Because Overeem has been tested positive to an elevate rate of testosterone 4 month after the Lesnar fight.

They couldn't prove he was positive when he fought Lesnar.

True but he was only granted a conditional license provided he passed 2 future drug tests, inwhich he failed, so the license he fought Lesnar with was invalid. Probaly should have been overturned. But Lesnar was retired and not caring about record or rankings to make a stink about it.

This just justifies in my mind that the ufc testing system is laughable. First random test ever and they bust guys. I believe a great majority of fighters just cycle out steroids before every fight.

True but he was only granted a conditional license provided he passed 2 future drug tests, inwhich he failed, so the license he fought Lesnar with was invalid. Probaly should have been overturned. But Lesnar was retired and not caring about record or rankings to make a stink about it.

I don't that's right at all. So by your logic if his second test was 2 years later they'd still overturn all the fights before that? Doesn't seem fair at all.

Didn't Allstair get on a plane when they came to drug test him? There was a big controversy.

If his license is invalid then Lesnar should be able to sue the commission for allowing a non licensed combatant to fight against him.

It was months after, and it wasn't his fault. It was his crackpot doctors fault and Overeem even brought the vial which was a mixture of a bunch of things for anti-inflammatory meds for a broken rib. Which is why his sentence was reduced from 1 year to 9 months and the commission even said they did not believe he was using testosterone for peds, or that he even knew he was using them at all. They did say as a professional athlete he must be aware at all times what he is putting in his body. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I'm not even much of an Overeem fan anymore, either.

so you really buy that stuff?

That's just crazy talk. If the police arrest you and remove your license, do you think they will also accuse you of driving without a license since they removed it? Think about it, it makes no sense.

Yes, your argument is right: Overeem was on a conditional license. But the license was valid while he fought Lesnar. It became invalid when he tested positive, not before that.

The match should have been ruled a no contest as Overeem was clearly juiced up. Randy Couture vs Josh Barnett at UFC 36 should also have been ruled a no contest after Barnett tested positive.

He didn't fail the post fight drug test for Lesnar. He failed the prefight drug test for Dos Santos.

I thought they did post fight testing and those were the results. I knew he passed the pre fight testing.

Didn't he fly to Holland to avoid being tested prior to that fight? As I remember it he gave a pretty weak excuse too. But I couldn't say for sure if he ended up being tested or not.

Didn't he fly to Holland to avoid being tested prior to that fight? As I remember it he gave a pretty weak excuse too. But I couldn't say for sure if he ended up being tested or not.

He went to Holland for a week because apparently his mother was very ill. He then submitted a test from over there and the commission told him it wasn't from an accredited testing facility so he had to do it again in which he passed that test.

Some people like BSL say Overeem's mom was in perfect health but you can take that info with a mountain of salt.

Don't worry, in his recent statement Overeem promised not to get caught by drug screens anymore, I think he found a way to properly cycle the PEDs out before a drug screen.

Damn this stupid question still gets asked.... maybe by 2018 it will die down and people will move on.

I thought they did post fight testing and those were the results. I knew he passed the pre fight testing.

They did test them both post fight and they were both clean.

Even after that, AO never tested positive for any substance at all. His T Ratio levels were off, but no substance was found in his system.

Back