Why isn't Mousasi talked about in the GOAT discussion?

Because he came to the UFC and lost to every high level fighter he faced except Weidman. And even that fight may have gone differently if Weidman wasn't playing the system.

Don't make excuses for Weidman. Weidman pussed out of that fight on Matt Serra's recommendation.

If he stayed in the UFC and somehow got the belt he'd have a much better case
Yep. If he can capture a UFC belt his argument becomes much stronger. I don't he will ever be thought of as a GOAT in any specific weight class but he will definitely go down as one of the top 10 fighters of all time.

He should be. I support him walking away from the UFC, good for him. But there are consequences. The UFC, today, is the big leagues. If you don’t compete there then it’s hard for you to even make the case you’re the best just in your weight class let alone GOAT.

Because he came to the UFC and lost to every high level fighter he faced except Weidman. And even that fight may have gone differently if Weidman wasn't playing the system.
Worst post of 2018.

Moose is my favorite fighter of all time. But he has to have a couple more significant victories before he is eligible for discussion

Because he has a lot of bad losses in the middle of his peak, never had a major championship run, never had a long reign a top a division, and never been in the "P4P best fighter in the world" discussion.

Also, eventhough he has a lot of notable names on his resume, most were past their prime or in the middle of some weird mental winning block(Hunt). Basically, catching them at the lowest point in their careers.

But he is one of the best MW in the world currently.

I love Mousasi but he hasn't done anything to achieve GOAT status. You fucking guys act like just any good fighter should be in the GOAT discussions.

realistically only a handful of guys should be in the discussion. Fedor, Jones, GSP, Anderson. Maybe Aldo and Mighty Mouse too. That's it.

Guy is way too overrated on here, it's like you guys want to like somebody because the general public doesn't know them. Never touched UFC gold, simple as that

If he captures the 205 belt in Bellator also, then runs his contract out there, then comes back to the UFC and wins a belt, then sure, GOAT status

44-6 with an insane amount of high caliber wins. People with only 6 loses usually have around 20 or so wins with no notable wins like Moose has.
Because he is one of many that can beat up fedoF

Guy is way too overrated on here, it's like you guys want to like somebody because the general public doesn't know them. Never touched UFC gold, simple as that
They are mma hipsters.

Lmao how is that a legit question? Moose is obviously an amazing fighter, elite of the elite. But GOAT contenders dont get wrestlefucked by King Mo, dont draw against Jardine (Jardine ffs!), dont have Machida play soccer with their face for 5 rounds, dont get outstruck by Jacare when striking is their specialty, and sure as hell dont get finished by Uriah Hall.

Back