Movies Why isn't Judge Dredd popular amongst Superhero films?

Mother of god that would have been epic.
Yep,as someone who read the comics I can say he was definately based on Eastwood in large part.

Thats why I can't bring myself to see the new one and never could the sly one. Just some dudes pretending to be judge Dredd.

Clint dredd.jpg

Loved the first one with Stallone as a kid. It's probably cheesy as hell now

I hated it when I saw it at the cinema, I was a big Dredd head and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. Watched it again a couple of years ago and enjoyed it....

Having grown up reading 2000AD, they haven't really captured Judge Dredd yet, even 2012 version wasn't 50% of Dredd.

I doubt we will see it.......

There are so many good story lines to pick from.

2000AD has so many good characters and story lines, not just Judge Dredd.

Rogue Trooper
Slaine
ABC Warriors
Finn
The Ballad of Halo Jones

No idea, Dredd 2012 was better than all the Marvel and DC movies.

I saw it on the opening weekend and there were like 20 people in the theater.

Really is a great film I watched it again the other day.
CxYoc3K.gif

Dredd 2012 was fucking awesome. Karl Urban absolutely killed it and it is one of the greatest travesties of our time that we never got any sequels.

I have mixed feelings about the Stallone one. It had a bigger budget for its time and as such had much better world building than the reboot. There was also some nice fan service, most notably Mean Machine Angel, the abc warrior hammerstein droid and Armand Assante was great fun hamming it up as Rico. Unfortunately it was brought down by Stallones high level cheese factor and the inclusion of that annoying little insect Rob Schneider was enough on its own to kill the movie dead.

Really is a great film I watched it again the other day.
CxYoc3K.gif

The film did more to develop the story of Mega city 1, than the character of judge Dredd, considering by the time Anderson was on the scene Dredd was a very feared and we'll known Judge amongst the criminals of Mega city.
You mean a no nonsense badass who takes the law into his own hands, ala The Punisher

Blade runner

No Dredd sticks to the rules.... That's his character

Blade runner is not really a dystopian future, certainly not to the same level of a nuked out earth, with "normal" people living in huge mega cities with crazy mutants running about outside.....

No Dredd sticks to the rules.... That's his character

Blade runner is not really a dystopian future, certainly not to the same level of a nuked out earth, with "normal" people living in huge mega cities with crazy mutants running about outside.....

I never wrote that Dredd breaks the rules, but he does take the law literally into his own hands. And you are being very pedantic for the description of a dystopian future, but fine, it is Punisher on Mars in Total Recall.

Happy?

Watched it last night, it really holds up! Cinematography is great. Portrayal of dredd is amusing in a good way. Slo mo was a great idea.

How come we get 10'000 Batman films and 10'000 Spider-Man films every decade, but only 1 Judge Dredd film every millennium?

Dredd 2012 was an absolute masterpiece!
It's a shame we haven't seen a sequel yet.

Trust me, you don't want a 2021 reboot

I never wrote that Dredd breaks the rules, but he does take the law literally into his own hands. And you are being very pedantic for the description of a dystopian future, but fine, it is Punisher on Mars in Total Recall.

Happy?

The Punisher is a vigilante

Dredd is a Judge, you didn't read 2000AD did you?

Happy?
"Taking the law into his own hands" suggests he's stepping outside the legal system. He IS the legal system and follows the rules to a T

In 2012 I bought a 3D tv that died in May of this year. I only had about 6 or so 3D blu rays for it, but I’m definitely going to miss being able to watch Dredd 2012 in 3D ever again. The slow mo scenes were really something else in 3D. :(

Back