Movies Why isn't Judge Dredd popular amongst Superhero films?

Because his rights are owned by a little British indie studio that own 2000AD. It's the same reason there aren't many Spawn films.

Marvel is owned by Disney, DC is owned by Warner Bros.

Pretty much this.

On top of that, he's not a well know main stream comic character, and I don't think the two movies made did very well at the box office. Personally I loved that last one. Karl Urban is the man.

Never seen it.

Is it worth watching?

How come we get 10'000 Batman films and 10'000 Spider-Man films every decade, but only 1 Judge Dredd film every millennium?

Dredd 2012 was an absolute masterpiece!
It's a shame we haven't seen a sequel yet.

Dredd struggled badly at the box office. It picked up steam in dvd. I think at most you get a netflix series.

Dread was a sick movie that flew under the radar.. The gatling gun scene gave me chills. It's almost impossible for me to sit, watch, and enjoy movies the last 15 years or so but Dredd us a must see if you haven't seen it.. The chick in the movie was pretty hot as well..

If Sly wrote in a gratuitous nude sex scene with hot actress, it would have been the start of a long running franchise.

I always thought his helmet looked stupid as shit

Urban is a G. He can play vastly different roles really well. He was great in that film. Thirlby, Lena and the rest of the cast were quality too.

I've always loved the Stallone version. It's highly under-appreciated.

The first half or so of it until they get back to the city I do think holds up quite nicely with some really good production design but after that it goes downhill very badly IMHO.

You could argue that its one of those things like Ghost in the Shell thats been mined for influence so much that direct adpatations now don't have quite the same impact?

Is this the same dredd I'm thinking about?

God damn

A man of many talents

Back