Why isn't Helwani respected as a serious journalist?

He lost me when he got too opinionated.

Also, that stunt he pulled with UFC 200 turned me off.

He's the GOAT.

Everyone else sucks by comparison.

He is a shit disturber and then cries when people call him out on it. He acts like he is some type of insider with his knowledge but all he does is break news stories other people know and are waiting to release.

It’s got nothing to do with Ariel. Sherdog just hates people that are successful.

Throwback to some of the greatest sports journalism in modern history, when he got Lyoto Machida's dad to pee in a cup and then drink it during an interview.

hold on hold on ts good job but u missed something very important interview at 1:25 Master Machida said it can be used as a natural VACCINE... could drinking urine be used to beat COVID??He even said machida jr use it to beat his COUGH.....omg holy shit or should I say holy piss our own urine could be the cure

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay personality

But hes incapable of analyzing fights and fighters

Unlike the other journos, who are bland lackey types, I like Helwani. Him and DC had a great unlikely duo thing going.

John morgan is public enemy number 1 as far as im concerned

10 minute long "how ya feeling fight week" question at the beginning of every interview, the guys more of a shill then the actual ufc broadcast team

he is well respected tho, he drops a lot of big stories. you dont have to like him, but hes a big deal as far as mma media goes

Honestly, there are barely any positive threads about any MMA journalists on Sherdog. Plenty of negative ones, and not just about Ariel, but the positive ones are few and far between.

Back