Why isn't Gregor Gillespie being pushed more?

He should fight Al Iaquenta, Charles Oliviera or Kevin Lee.

I imagine each of those is a difficult match to make, for slightly different reasons. Al I probably thinks he 'deserves' someone ranked higher, Oliviera may not want to face that style, and Lee probably wants an easier fight after his last several.

And therein lies the problem.
golly

Gregor vs Do Bronx?

yes please

hes older than khabib and many fighters in the top 15. hes not one them younger fighters.
No but he is newer to mma. He needs a guy like 8-10 next I think before he gets top 5

They better move quick, he is already 32... Probably two years away from a title shot.

It really does seem like he's finding it impossible to get a fight.

There are two guys that spring to mind, if I'm Sean Shelby. Two guys with lots of name value, lots of recognition, who would never turn down a fight with anyone. One is Guida but he's taken.

Charles Oliveira.

Because MMA is fucking stupid and the UFC does their best to keep it that way.

I've known Gregor since before he ever fought and had only been with LI MMA for a few months. He told me he'd be UFC LW champ the day that I met him. As time passed, I think he's come to understand how ridiculous the UFC is, and truly doesn't give a fuck about playing their dumbass promotional games, so they don't give a fuck about promoting him.

Gregor knows what he's got, he seems to enjoy life, I think he came from a little bit of money (his family owns a big winery), and is content just living and fighting when they give him a call to fight. He's not into the dopey contrived character/fake beef bullshit and it just too content to bend over and act the fool to get the right fight or a title shot or whatever.

Back