Why isn't Gregor Gillespie being pushed more?

@Naught2Sixty
Never said I don’t like him just stating facts. I’ve never heard anyone say “ I wonder what Gregor thinks” in fact I have but only when they thought it was McGregors nickname.

Dana wants exiting guys with personality who fight often, Gregor is none of those thing and thus will not be pushed.

He's kind of inactive, if you really want to climb the LW ranks you'd have to be fighting like 3 times a year.

He last fought in January and doesn't even have a fight booked.

lol at he deserving a top 5 oponent, he haven't faced a top 15 yet.

Seems to be more preoccupied with fishing than fighting.

Sherdog hypetrain....just like aljermain sterling

He's an amazing wrestler with low name recognition who doesn't trash talk. Not the kind of guy the UFC will promote, casuals will get behind, or higher ranked fighters want to face. That's three strikes against him, unfortunately. I'm impressed with him myself, and would like to see more of him.

@Naught2Sixty
Never said I don’t like him just stating facts. I’ve never heard anyone say “ I wonder what Gregor thinks” in fact I have but only when they thought it was McGregors nickname.

Dana wants exiting guys with personality who fight often, Gregor is none of those thing and thus will not be pushed.
Didn't say you said that and you're just further proving my point.

He does not fight often, does not talk trash... honestly he could go far with some self promotion but I doubt he even cares at this point.

Is he even booked to fight? I feel like we see him once or twice a year, then after he fights, he disappears into the wilderness until his next fight.

@Naught2Sixty
You’re exact words were
“DW is catering to these dudes OP”
I was simply answering the ops question
Gregor has a boring personality going by interviews
He has what most would call a boring fighting style
He doesn’t fight frequently
He doesn’t even call people out
Try and refute these claims

6-0 in the UFC and 13-0 overall. Gillespie has finished his last 5 fights before hitting the 3rd round. Why isn't he being pushed more? He's a solid fighter all around and deserves a top 5 matchup at this point.

Because he is not a trash talker, and that does not sell PPV. He sits and waits the matckmaker to offer him fights, and nobody calls him because he is a very dangerous fighter, he can give Khabib a real tough fight

6-0 in the UFC and 13-0 overall. Gillespie has finished his last 5 fights before hitting the 3rd round. Why isn't he being pushed more? He's a solid fighter all around and deserves a top 5 matchup at this point.
He's a small, down to earth, pretty old wrestler. No use in pushing him if you wanne make them coins.

Gregor will eventually have to start calling out ranked fighters. I suspect that plenty of the Top 10 fighters really don't want any part of Gregor as his wrestling and physical tools make him an extremely dangerous opponent. The ranked fighter could easily lose to an unranked fighter (Gregor) that does nothing for his career (high risk - low reward). Thus the push for the fight needs to come from the UFC which means Gregor needs to give the UFC a strong reason to match him up with a ranked fighter. Gregor should call out a Top 10 fighter with solid wrestling credentials so the opponent will not be intimidated by Gregor's wrestling and top game. If he asks for a striker with a known weakness against top heavy wrestlers, its probably not going to happen. Once Gregor beats a Top 5 or Top 10 fighter, the better match-ups will start happening more often because he will then be a legit title contender.

He isn't from Russia.
Only boring Russian wrestlers get hyped up by the UFC.

American wrestler like Gregor who has finished all but 1 of his fights in the UFC gets nothing.

Sad.

I know hes undefeated and a very good fighter, but he really should have just stuck with wrestling.

He refuses to take any control or responsibility over his career. I really dont understand it, youd think the hard and dangerous part would be the countless years spent in the gym building up his skills and body... not using your words to ask for fights

1.not very active
2.hasn't beaten anyone notable yet
i mean you got people on here saying he's the next champ and worst possible match for Khabib yet the guy hasn't even beat a top 15 fighter in the most stacked division in the UFC

I think he's going at the right pace. No need to speed him up to a title shot, the division is already stacked. It never really helps a younger fighter to get pushed too fast. Always ends in the balloon getting popped.

Back