Why isn't Gregor Gillespie being pushed more?

pojo15

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
6-0 in the UFC and 13-0 overall. Gillespie has finished his last 5 fights before hitting the 3rd round. Why isn't he being pushed more? He's a solid fighter all around and deserves a top 5 matchup at this point.

He's the most underrated fighter in the UFC for me.

because he doesnt talk trash. even refuses to call out a name when interviewed in-cage after a win.

Didn't I read that he's not really focused on fighting at the moment, prefers running and other such endurance activities

Good fighter.

I think the lack of an appeared push would mostly have to do with being in a very top heavy division and not beating anyone of note yet. He's getting plenty of finishes so I'd expect him to face someone top 15 in his next appearance.

I want him to fight Barboza or Gaethje...beating one of them would put him in top 5 imo.

Didn't I read that he's not really focused on fighting at the moment, prefers running and other such endurance activities
A link would be great if you can find it.

because his fighting style

I think it's because with his fight with Yancy for example, people were complaining about the fight saying it was boring yet Gregor was wearing him down and trying to get the finish.

I don't agree with it, I think he should be pushed more but I think this is why they're not prioritising fights for him.

6-0 in the UFC and 13-0 overall. Gillespie has finished his last 5 fights before hitting the 3rd round. Why isn't he being pushed more? He's a solid fighter all around and deserves a top 5 matchup at this point.
because ufc. guess why lineker left.

It's a fine line between being "pushed" and being "stuffed down our throat".

Because he's a boring wrestler with no personality

Next.

Wrestling heavy style and lack of activity are probably the biggest reasons. Plus, when he's not fighting he disappears. It's hard to promote a guy who doesn't seem too interested in promoting himself. He's a bit of an old school fighter in that regard. He just wants to fight, doesn't want to deal with all the other bullshit.

Probably a few different reasons, he doesn't really talk much, he has fought sub par guys, the division is very stacked and its not dead.

Boring personality, boring fighting style, fights very infrequently. Anything else?

privileged white male.

obviously.

It's a fine line between being "pushed" and being "stuffed down our throat".
And I believe that Jon Jones just recently crossed that line...

Back