Why isn't Cain being marketed more?

Jones, Silva, etc. are all marketed more. Why isn't the heavyweight champ the most marketed?

he is boring.
he is a workmen's fighter, not a flashy one (like Jon or Silva).
He has no personality, been injured to far too long and quite frankly there's no much you could do to hype him up.
The division is stale, shallow and he has fought 2 guys over and over.

They were trying to market him heavily in Mexico, but frankly he sucks at it :)
He doesn't speak the language and Werdum is probably more affable and popular than Cain would ever be in Mexico.

The fact he is out of comission for too long also does not help matters.

Actually, come to think of it, they tried before... :icon_chee

24awkward_ufconfox_joerogan.gif

Fair enough, Jones and Silva had endearing personalities. People loved or hated them.

First time I've seen it with the Rogan reaction. It makes it so much better

Injury prone and the flash KO heard 'round the FOX.

yeah would help if he fought, how can you market a guy whos recovering from injury most of the time

Actually, come to think of it, they tried before... :icon_chee

24awkward_ufconfox_joerogan.gif

Fair enough, Jones and Silva had endearing personalities. People loved or hated them.

First thing I thought of when I saw this. He gets some marketing but not enough. On the UFC front no reason to hype him when he's injured and he's 6+ months away from a fight.

UFC could market him as much as they want i still find him boring.

I even find his fights boring even when he's KO'ing people.

1. Injury prone
2. Got KO'd in front of 5 million people
3. Has the personality of a wet carrot
4. brown pride

They are marketing the hell out of Cain...it is just that you are not in mexico to see it. The new tv deal with Televisa has Cain 24/7 on latin american countries

He is about to be strongly marketed in Mexico with TUF Latin America.

Cuz he sports a huge racist tattoo. It's like if the champion was white, and had a huge "White Pride" tat on his chest. Why isn't he more popular??? :(

Also his last 5 fights were JDS, Bigfoot, JDS, Bigfoot, JDS... I would like to see him fight different people, and more frequently.

And last but no least, his friend & teammate Daniel Cormier is more talented, athletic&explosive and has got better wrestling.
Out of respect and friendship he moved down one weight-class, but everybody knows that Cormier is just plain better than Cain.

Let's hope that Werdum can take that belt, the division will suddenly look a lot more interesting. But sadly I also believe that Velasquez is a bad match-up for our local "Emelianenko Hunter"... :/

Because he's always injured and rarely fights.

he is boring.
he is a workmen's fighter, not a flashy one (like Jon or Silva).
He has no personality, been injured to far too long and quite frankly there's no much you could do to hype him up.
The division is stale, shallow and he has fought 2 guys over and over.

They were trying to market him heavily in Mexico, but frankly he sucks at it :)
He doesn't speak the language and Werdum is probably more affable and popular than Cain would ever be in Mexico.

The fact he is out of comission for too long also does not help matters.

Fly that hate flag high.

Wow, 3 pages and no one has mentioned that he went to Metro?

He's one of the few fighters I've seen in a mainstream commercial, and while metroPCS seems to have a few fighters in their ads, the one I've seen the most on commercials that arent during MMA events is Cain. I think he's being marketed ok

Cain is busy learning how to speak Spanish so he can pretend to be Mexican when TUF rolls around.

Love him or hate him, the heavyweight division hasn't been the same since Brock left.......

Marketed in what way?? I always read the same complain about every single fighter and I just dont see what's the problem.

Back