Why isn't Cain being marketed more?

Kimura123

White Belt
Reaction score
Jones, Silva, etc. are all marketed more. Why isn't the heavyweight champ the most marketed?

Because he is boring.

I don't think any of the champions are marketed correctly.
To answer your question, he has no personality.

Up to this point, he hasn't had much competition other than JDS to build a name off of. And then there's fighting twice a year. I lose touch in the interim.

Actually, come to think of it, they tried before... :icon_chee

24awkward_ufconfox_joerogan.gif

Fair enough, Jones and Silva had endearing personalities. People loved or hated them.

Injury prone and the flash KO heard 'round the FOX.

Actually, come to think of it, they tried before... :icon_chee

24awkward_ufconfox_joerogan.gif

Fair enough, Jones and Silva had endearing personalities. People loved or hated them.

lol. the JDS part always gets me.

I would say because a fighter with brown pride across their chest hurts more then it helps to legitimize the sport in the casual fans and medias eyes.

I think they probably market him more in Mexico than the others... They are banking on him with the whole TUF Mexico and are waiting on him to be healthy to go to Mexico.

It's hard to market a guy that is injured, for one, or not fighting frequently. They will market him when he is about to fight.

Yes, he does have a personality because he is a human being.

It's an expression. I think the guy was saying his personality is bland, or at least what you see of it in front of the cameras for the media.

Because UFC thinks they will sell more by marketing itself by doing two mediocre cards in the same day than marketing the champions and top contenders.

i dont know but he should, hes the toughest guy on the entire roster by far

How are they going to market him if he isn't fighting any time soon?
And where are they going to find an interesting opponent?

He has been injured a lot over the past 4 years, since beating Brock in Brocktober 2010, he has only fought 5 times (JDS, Bigfoot, JDS, Bigfoot, and JDS).

As for those criticizing his personality, it isn't marketed because it doesn't sell to the 18-34 crowd. He is a sincere, mellow, hardworking, grounded family man, how dare he!

Back