Why isn't Assuncao getting the next shot at Dillashaw?

yeah, I didn't get it either. First he was injured, then he is fighting Faber...
I think he just has the worst manager of all times.

Pretty ridiculous considering Assuncao is on a tear and nobody wants to see Dillashaw fight Barao again.

Pretty ridiculous considering Assuncao is on a tear and nobody wants to see Dillashaw fight Barao again.

as a Barao fan I will say yes I want to see a rematch but not so soon ,I want Barao to get a few more wins under the belt before he fights TJ again and regains his mojo so to speak .

Exaggurate much?
It's far from the hendricks vs. Lawler situation, infact if I had to choose between Dillashaw and barao fighting 3 more times and hendricks getting another immediate shot I'd pick the former any day of the week.

Exaggurate much?
It's far from the hendricks vs. Lawler situation, infact if I had to choose between Dillashaw and barao fighting 3 more times and hendricks getting another immediate shot I'd pick the former any day of the week.

I'd rather see Barao fight Dillashaw than another round of Lawler vs Hendricks but that's neither here nor there. Just because it's not the least desirable fight doesn't make it a sensible one in this circumstance.

Barao/TJ will make way more money. No one even knows who Assuncao is. If Assuncao beats Faber he will have a name.

Theres nothing worse than having a no name guy like Assuncao get a title shot, beat TJ and now they have low ppv numbers + a champ no one recognizes.

I remember hearing that when Cruz got hurt, Assuncao couldn't replace him because he was injured, and yet, here he is fighting Faber in March, while Dillashaw is fighting in April. Why does the UFC want Barao vs Dillashaw so bad??

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/report...suncao-headlines-ufc-fight-night-63-in-brazil

Barao/Dilly is the bigger fight and that's all the UFC cares about, making them some damn money. Assuncao is more deserving but a no-name to 99.9% of casual fans. Shit if Barao can't sell fights, how can Assuncao?

Back