Why isn’t Woodley on the same level as GSP

Is this really a question? Woodley didn't really do much as champ, nor much before being champ, nor much after being champ actually. He wasn't really quite a dominant champ was he.....
Yeah this, his legacy is nowhere near GSP's. GSP has like three times as many title wins and his UFC record is 21-2 while Woodley's 9-5-1.

Tyron's career hasn't been nearly as dominant as GSP's. GSP lost twice and avenged both losses. Tyron has lost 6 times and to my knowledge has never avenged any of them.

If we're just talking Prime vs Prime, Tyron on his best day vs GSP on his best day, my money is on GSP every single time.

mine isn't. woodley is built to KO GSP. woodley was one of the worst champions because of how bad his title fights were. GSP dominated his title fights. There were no questions.

but if prime vs prime, i'd take woodley lol

Tyron had a great carrer, but I don't think you can compare his record to GSP.

Going by my imperfect memory, the list of champions Georges has wins over is impressive:

Karo Parisyan - WEC WW champ
Carlos Condit - WEC WW champ, interim UFC WW champ
Nick Diaz - Strikeforce WW champ, WEC WW champ
Jake Shields - EliteXC WW champ and Strikeforce MW champ
Sean Sherk - LW champion and multi-time title challenger
BJ Penn - LW and WW champ
Matt Hughes - previous greatest ever WW champ
Jon Fitch - would go on to be WSOF/PFL champ and tie in Bellator title fight
Jonny Hendricks - would go on to be next WW champ
Michael Bisping - MW champ

Tyron did beat some good fighters as well (some of them the same), but he also has more losses, and has split decisions and draws in his record, indicating to me that there isn't as much distance between him and his competition.
Not to mention the same guys Tyron beat weren't the same as when GSP beat them.

GSP beat Koshcheck and Condit in their absolute primes. And Jake Shields which Woodley lost to.

To put it in perspective, Woodley beat Jay Hieron in 2013. That's a guy GSP finished back in 2004.

Not only is GSP's resume way better, but he has more than twice as many title defenses.

TS is either trolling or straight up dumb.

mine isn't. woodley is built to KO GSP. woodley was one of the worst champions because of how bad his title fights were. GSP dominated his title fights. There were no questions.

Woodley has a good right hand but his overall striking and movement isn't good enough for him to get that opening against GSP. He won't be able to deal with the pressure and seamless transitions and will eventually run out of gas.

Woodley was in the UFC when GSP was champ and lost to Jake shields and rory MacDonald. I don't see a realistic chance of him being a match for GSP

GSP would know this and would gameplan accordingly. Tryon was never the game planner that GSP was.

I have nothing against Woodley and i think he actually has great skills, but he's nowhere near GSP.

lost to marquardt
lost to rory
draw against wonderboy
couldn't put maia away
lost 15 rounds straight to Colby, usman, and gilbert.

how is this a question

So tell me, why did Silva never move down to 170 like he claimed he could? GSP always said if he wanted to go back to welterweight he would be happy to fight anderson.

Where did Silva say he would fight at 170 lbs?

Silva claimed he would fight at catchweight 177-178 lbs, which is a fair weight given that Georges was NOT a small welterweight by any measure*, and Anderson was not a big MW (he didn't even make 205 lbs for his LHW fights)

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/compilation-of-fighters-cage-weight.3787965/

I would say he wasn't obsessed like GSP was with fighting. He probably like others won the title defended it and moved on. I dont think he was interested in a legacy.

Legacy wise. I know he is quite unlikable but resume and legacy wise he should be at least equal to GSP
Woodley is closer to khabib than GSP

Had he got 4 or 5 more title defenses, he would have been in talks

Hahahahaha agreed

The cry for attention to stand out using bold font is so incredibly cringe lmao
all you gotta do is say or post some shit that hits a little too close to home for that virgin manchild and he vanishes.

in this case it was that he was 100 % one of those fat fuckin losers that i posted in that picture lmao.

Back