Why isn’t Woodley on the same level as GSP

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Legacy wise. I know he is quite unlikable but resume and legacy wise he should be at least equal to GSP

Prime Woodley was a terrifying matchup for Georges, it was not a shocker to see the Canadian avoid that fight like the plague

Because he didn’t tap to strikes from Matt Serra.

The fangirls will do mental gymnastics to justify it.

[<cena1}

Prime Woodley was no joke, but that prime didn't last nearly as long enough as it should have.

Without going on wiki he didn't even catch hughes in terms of champ defenses did he? Gsp had what? 11? Didn't or doesn't he still hold the record for most consecutive rounds won? He also avenged his 2 losses.

Tyron had a good run but it wasn't without some controversies like the wonderboy fights. It's hard to even hold him in the same caliber as hughes who won the belt twice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also lol at the 2 retards above acting like woodley could do anything to GSP.

***A wild Soyboy appears***

9c1.gif

Legacy wise. I know he is quite unlikable but resume and legacy wise he should be at least equal to GSP
Woodley only has four title defenses, with one of them being a draw, while GSP has nine title defenses. I'm not sure why you're confused by the gap considering those metrics.

Prime Woodley was a terrifying matchup for Georges, it was not a shocker to see the Canadian avoid that fight like the plague
giphy.gif

Never quite understood why some people think this.

Imo, GSP is literally the master of feints and controlling the distance, both of which have proved to be the exact things that make Woodley freeze up with his back against the cage.

S42PJdR.gif

If I had to guess the result of that fight, 50-45 GSP.

Woodley had like three title defenses and a draw? Faced many stylistic dream matchups (Maia, war weakened Lawler) while Georges was beating guys from p4p lists. Woodley was supposed to fight Johnny Hendricks in 2015 and was like +250 underdog. I wonder how history would have changed had that fight happened.

Not to mention Tyron has lost lot of fights and didn't avenge any of them. Theses no competition in this battle.

Tyron's career hasn't been nearly as dominant as GSP's. GSP lost twice and avenged both losses. Tyron has lost 6 times and to my knowledge has never avenged any of them.

If we're just talking Prime vs Prime, Tyron on his best day vs GSP on his best day, my money is on GSP every single time.

GSP is 26-2 both losses avenged
Woodley is 19-6 no losses avenged

GSP defended his title 9 times
Woodley defended his title 3 times

GSP has also won the middleweight title before retiring as woodley is currently on a 3 fight losing streak. Legacy and resume wise they are not in the same category

Back