Why isn’t Gilbert Burns improving?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He seems like the same fighter from when he first got signed. Big power and world class BJJ nonetheless but even then he isn’t always able to get the fight down and he tends to get smacked around by lesser opponents.

tumblr_nxh9tztIIZ1rofocqo1_400.gif

Maybe he is improving, but everyone else around him is improving more.

"Purr spektive" is everything

His boxing has improved and so has his iq, he got ko'd and realised his grappling is safer. I'd say he has evolved as a fighter

He seems like the same fighter from when he first got signed. Big power and world class BJJ nonetheless but even then he isn’t always able to get the fight down and he tends to get smacked around by lesser opponents.

tumblr_nxh9tztIIZ1rofocqo1_400.gif

He's improved as much as he will with hooft and that team. I don't mean to belittle that team because hooft has turned a lot of bad strikers into decent ones, but I fail to think of a single elite MMA striker coming from that camp. Hooft took Burns and MJ and turned them into pretty good strikers. That seems to be his limit.

I also don't think that camp has the best wrestling program, which Burns needs in order to take advantage of his bjj.

That said, maybe I'm wrong and he's still improving. He's not a bad fighter at all and he looks more comfortable out there than before, so that's good. I fully expect him to win tomorrow.

He's entertaining as fuck so I'm pretty content with his skill set

On paper, he is good everywhere (world class bjj, good double leg, good striking, good athlete and very explosive) but so his competition.
LW is a shark tank.

Once he legally changes his name to Giblert he will improve at a rate not yet seen in MMA.

Is this the guy that was so heavy the commission tested him right off the plane and cancelled his fight?

Too many fighters fall in love with their striking when grappling or wrestling is their bread and butter. Luke Rockhold is a perfect example.

He will get the sub tonight tho

He has no business Not Getting the sub finish here.

He’s a world champ in BJJ. Except he can’t always get the fight to the floor and keep someone down sometimes. I don’t understand it.

But i agree he’s facing a newcomer he should finish it.

He has no business Not Getting the sub finish here.

He’s a world champ in BJJ. Except he can’t always get the fight to the floor and keep someone down sometimes. I don’t understand it.

But i agree he’s facing a newcomer he should finish it.
Just hope he doesn't try bang too long.

Back