Why is Wilders power in the jab so underwhelming?

Single jab power = most likely Liston ( ofc if he landed it ).

He didn’t looked damaged he had a little cut on the left bridge of his nose ,he wasn’t looking damaged until the 5th round when Wilder barraged him with those uppercuts and hooks . The discussion was me correcting you nothing more or less because you said the other guy did damage with jabs when it was the other one.

And just so you know the cut which happened in the first round was caused by a push and Wilders tape on the glove where you can see Duhaupas react after the ref breaks them apart as the tape rakes across his face the replay clearly showed during the shove so a jab isn’t even involved there either .

Well, I'm used to reading the title when I try to figure out what a thread is about. And Duhaupas happened to look damaged coming into round 5, after eating quite a few punches, including a fair amount of jabs that did look rather sharp. I'm deeply sorry if we disagree, but I'm optimistic about getting over it.

Last edited:
I hope Wilder knocks Fury out in the first round so the handful of idiots will leave the forum again and there can actually be a reasonable discussion involving him.
Funny because all the years / decades I have been watching boxing I’ve never met any reasonable followers of Wilders ,these types are usually the ones who DKSAB and guess who’s included in this who tries to be slick on here with other posters because he’s a self entitled member of the forum with a title ? Lmao

Beyond that everyone needs a fan base ,some are just more prone to be known as the bottom of the barrel and those are the Wilder fans ,how far do we actually have to dig the hole for this guy the biggest mockery in boxing history as far as I’m concerned So suggesting it’s any other fan base or boxing fans in general as unreasonable shows how out of touch you yourself is .

And please don’t answer that buried question because then I’m going to once again bury him and you since you deem others as unreasonable which would be about 90% of your own forum and talk about no one agreeing with someone which would be you now and calling others idiots when you threaten others to uphold some civil code you decide while demanding no insults should be used ?????? . Lol

Last edited:
he uses it to line up his right and to “blind” the guy

I've seen him throw stiff jabs. One of them bloodied Fury's nose in the first fight. Like the others said it's mainly being used to set up his big right hand and not as a damaging weapon in and of itself. The power jab is only a single variation of the jab anyway, it's not like there's only one variation.

Funny because all the years / decades I have been watching boxing I’ve never met any reasonable followers of Wilders ,these types are usually the ones who DKSAB and guess who’s included in this who tries to be slick on here with other posters because he’s a self entitled member of the forum with a title ? Lmao

Beyond that everyone needs a fan base ,some are just more prone to be known as the bottom of the barrel and those are the Wilder fans ,how far do we actually have to dig the hole for this guy the biggest mockery in boxing history as far as I’m concerned So suggesting it’s any other fan base or boxing fans in general as unreasonable shows how out of touch you yourself is , please don’t answer that buried question . Lol
Yeah, him having fans has nothing to do with him being one of, if not the greatest knockout punchers in BOXING HISTORY. Or him being a real World Champion....Its all a massive conspiracy to insult you being a boxing PHD genius...

Let's ignore those facts and conjure up some schizophrenic plot against you because Wilder emotionally disturbs you to the max.

Yeah, him having fans has nothing to do with him being one of, if not the greatest knockout punchers in BOXING HISTORY. Or him being a real World Champion....Its all a massive conspiracy to insult you being a boxing PHD genius...

Let's ignore those facts and conjure up some schizophrenic plot against you because Wilder emotionally disturbs you to the max.
Well you yourself are actually used against him so you ain’t doing Wilder favors on here , a very intelligent guy with Superman pajamas ,? Without big brother mod on your side you would be destroyed on here ,kid...lmao

Are you actually reading your posts building him up as though he was something important beyond knockouts against guys he should knock out ? I don’t need to attack the likes of you beyond what I have done and what you insisted on . You do all the work by yourself ,if you actually had boxing intelligence of some sort beyond Wilder you would have figured that one out when I first signed up on here and you’re actually the poster boy Wilder fan ,look at you ,Jesus Christ .on top of that you guys say anything to big him up ....Even have the boxing mod rushing to your aid and vice versa like a closeted relationship ? One can’t cope without the other when I’m around.

pathetic stating disturbed behavior Super FAN boy . Lol

Last edited:
Well, I'm used to reading the title when I try to figure out what a thread is about. And Duhaupas happened to look damaged coming into round 5, after eating quite a few punches, including a fair amount of jabs that did look rather sharp. I'm deeply sorry if we disagree, but I'm optimistic about getting over it.
Well what are disagreeing about ? The cut was not a jab it was caused by a brasion of Wilders glove from tape . Most jabs were actually after the fact of what was damaged caused , most jabs were landed in the first 3 rounds which did not open that cut up as I stated it was the barrage of round 5 of no jabs on the ropes so there’s nothing to actually disagree on unless you didn’t see this fight .

The only thing sorry here would be you ignoring these statements that I could actually give you specific times of the rounds of these occurring incidences,are we really going to do that ? I don’t see any point in this discussion after this post ,watch the fight instead of saying you disagree ,there’s just no point in me wasting time here if you can just watch the fight yourself.

Well you yourself are actually used against him so you ain’t doing Wilder favors on here , a very intelligent guy with Superman pajamas ,? Without big brother mod on your side you would be destroyed on here ,kid...lmao

Are you actually reading your posts building him up as though he was something important beyond knockouts against guys he should knock out ? I don’t need to attack the likes of you beyond what I have done and what you insisted on . You do all the work by yourself ,if you actually had boxing intelligence of some sort beyond Wilder you would have figured that one out when I first signed up on here and you’re actually the poster boy Wilder fan ,look at you ,Jesus Christ .on top of that you guys say anything to big him up ....Even have the boxing mod rushing to your aid and vice versa like a closeted relationship ? One can’t cope without the other when I’m around.

pathetic stating disturbed behavior Super FAN boy . Lol
None of that changes the fact that Wilder was an Olympic medalist, World Champion, and the greatest KO artist in the sports history.
Who are you? What have you done? No Al Bundy stories please. It's the internet and you are talking like your word salad post are tough....Stop embarrassing yourself.
You are very obsessed with my awesome physic and Halloween costume.
Got it...now me PU03 have another skitzo conspiracy theory against you. You caught us.

Well what are disagreeing about ? The cut was not a jab it was caused by a brasion of Wilders glove from tape . Most jabs were actually after the fact of what was damaged caused , most jabs were landed in the first 3 rounds which did not open that cut up as I stated it was the barrage of round 5 of no jabs on the ropes so there’s nothing to actually disagree on unless you didn’t see this fight .

The only thing sorry here would be you ignoring these statements that I could actually give you specific times of the rounds of these occurring incidences,are we really going to do that ? I don’t see any point in this discussion after this post ,watch the fight instead of saying you disagree ,there’s just no point in me wasting time here if you can just watch the fight yourself.
Jesus, you cant even have a normal rational conversation with somebody who is going out of their way to be decent towards you. All the guy has is a different perspective and it triggers you.
You have anger problems....

Last edited:
Okey, if murcian biased forum. Wilder is can crushing former Olympic bronze medalist : a prize fighter. Murcians doesn't like Ruiz, that is from murcia just because he is fat. Wilder is not some kind of A.J = Oly gold medalist and world & european championships gold medalist = former amateur superstar.
Wilder did not improved at all after he get Olympic bronze medal.
I really wish to see this goats for murcians shape after he will have 2 fights with each!!! from these : A.J, Ruiz and Usyk. = will turn him into a paraplegic.
Wilder get gifted draw vs Fury and get deserved lesson in next fight.
Cos he did not improved.
Otherwise he still for HW is young and might improve a lot.
But if compare with Ruiz he is not even a boxer.
Holmes from 1980 th turned this goat into paraplegic. Holmes from 1988 most likely no.
<KingstonFrown>

You know who Wilder reminds me of quite a bit? Julian Jackson
Similar trajectories and ceilings. Certainly. Generational KO power carrying them above their skill.

Similar trajectories and ceilings. Certainly. Generational KO power carrying them above their skill.
I also was thinking about the way Fury just fought him vs the way McCellan fought Jackson.

got inside and roughed them up a bit. didn't allow them to throw their long shots for the most part

None of that changes the fact that Wilder was an Olympic medalist, World Champion, and the greatest KO artist in the sports history.
Who are you? What have you done? No Al Bundy stories please. It's the internet and you are talking like your word salad post are tough....Stop embarrassing yourself.
You are very obsessed with my awesome physic and Halloween costume.
Got it...now me PU03 have another skitzo conspiracy theory against you. You caught us.
i dunno about greatest ko artist

but he's somewhere up there

I also was thinking about the way Fury just fought him vs the way McCellan fought Jackson.

got inside and roughed them up a bit. didn't allow them to throw their long shots for the most part
Solid comparison.

As it relates to this thread, its exactly how Wilder likes to set up his bombs. He paws the jab out as a feeler or to get the reaction then tries to follow it up with the home run. Fury never allowed it, and often times countered it. Maybe hed have more luck actually putting it out there like a piston.

I’m glad you ended up taking the thread title into account. As for the rest of the discussion, well, at this point making it a symphony of broken records will hardly make it more captivating. While I won’t judge you if you happen to enjoy these, I can certainly agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Solid comparison.

As it relates to this thread, its exactly how Wilder likes to set up his bombs. He paws the jab out as a feeler or to get the reaction then tries to follow it up with the home run. Fury never allowed it, and often times countered it. Maybe hed have more luck actually putting it out there like a piston.

And given the length of his jab and the pop he can put behind it, It could certainly pay off if he threw it consistently over 12 rounds, scoringwise and damagewise.

Back