Why Is UFC's Talent Scout So Pro-Brazilian?

Current 135lb champ
Current 145lb champ
Current 185lb champ
3 205lb champs
2 heavyweight champs
Brazil has some badass fighters.

Great fighters, big market and Bellator is steeling all the talent in Russia.

this is true. some of these russians are tough fuckers. They seem durable as hell.

Fedor was 32 or 33 when he lost to werdum, his same age, yeah I know he was in some wars and I agree that age had a much bigger impact on him than on werdum, Fedor got by a lot due his physical skills, so aging definitely played a big factor...

chuck was older then fedor, chuk had no chin by the time he fought shogun, and Fedor was never ktfo, his chin was fine, he took a brutal beating vs bigfoot still managed to stan up and want to come out to the 3rd, not the same case.

Age has nothing to do with it. It's about wear and tear and activity.

There's a reason guys from PRIDE like Fedor, Wand, Nog and Shogun all seemed to lose something as soon as they hit their early to mid 30's. That wear and tear takes it's toll, especially when you're fighting sometimes every 6 weeks or so.

Meanwhile someone like Anderson who has very clean fights where he doesn't take much damage is able to still go strong when he's in his late 30's.

Don't let the damage accumulated over a career catching up to someone make you think they were just always overrated.

brazilians are much better fighters than europeans, thats why

I don't think they go around scouting, many brazilian fighters have contacts in the ufc, let's say you live in Rio and train at Team Nogueira, if you're good there is a big chance Nogueira, Anderson, Soares or whatever may tell dana
"hey you should check this guy out"

Also most Brazilian promotions are weak or are non-exclusive, jungle fight, amazon fight, whatever put some good cards here and there but they are really minor promotions akin to KOTC or other unknown american promotions.
Eastern Europe on the other hand got some bigger promotions like M-1 And KSW

Plus Bellator is signing the best Eastern european talent right now IMO

fixed, ufc signed probably Englands best prospect in Manuwa and Gunnar Nelson may be the best European prospect of all.

Plus the Ufc has signed some decent Russian/Chechen talent in Khabib, Rustam, Gashimov, Adam Khaliev and I'm sure Adlan Amagov will be coming over with the Strikeforce merger.

The Ufc just hasn't focused on Russia as much as Bellator has. Obviously you could turn around and say the same thing about Bellator when it comes to South Koreans.

Because Brazil is the next big market for the UFC and they want to have as many top Brazilian stars as they can. Couple that with the fact that Brazilians usually dominate the BBJ scene and there is no shortage of talented fighters.

brazil has some of the worlds best fighters and quite a few of them too

Brazil is currently home to their largest fan base in addition to the fact that they are producing the best fighters in the world currently.

Back