Why is UFC worker Rogan allowed to count Jones fight against Cormier as a win when it's ruled a NC?

No he wasn't. you are suffering from Ko-recency.

the first fight was alot closer in my mind...the 2nd fight, jones was beating him easy...you're pulling the "he was winning till he got ko'd thing" don't be one of those guys...dc got killed...end of story...

The second one that is....Doesn't he have some sort of loyalty to the company in accepting their verdicts? I know he loves dominating, black athletes, but how is this OK?

If Dana and DC gets to hear about it, would they be upset?

If jones' win over dc doesnt count then it doesnt count when roided up rogan neck cranks skinny librarians in the dojo. Jones gets that rogan PED exemption

Then why doesn't bodybuilding federations require drug testing? You can be on whatever shit you want to in MR Olympia.
Bodybuilding has nothing to do with state run athletic and gaming commissions.

Why is UFC worker Rogan allowed to count Jones fight against Cormier as a win when it's ruled a NC?

so what are they gonna do? It's not like they are gonna fire Rogan over that

It isn't if he's not clean. He hid under the desk when Yusada did some random tests. Cormier is also much older than Jones, and fighting in an unnatural weight for him

so fighting as a fat pig is his natural weight? dc looked terrible in his rematch with stipe...gassed after 3 rounds...at LH, he has much better cardio and was faster.

It isn't if he's not clean. He hid under the desk when Yusada did some random tests. Cormier is also much older than Jones, and fighting in an unnatural weight for him
Sure, Cormier is older than Jones, and he has never been on Jones level. Maybe if he started earlier to fight, he could have been just as great? Who knows. If I started professional MMA, maybe I could have been as great as Jones? who knows.

DC claims he is 240 in the cage at lhw. That is a huge size advantage. I agree that it is not natural and not very honorable, but this is DCs job, and it is completely legal, so I can see why he does it. Fighting smaller guys for the same money is a pretty good deal. I would probably cut as much too if I could make it. I think everyone would.

The second one that is....Doesn't he have some sort of loyalty to the company in accepting their verdicts? I know he loves dominating, black athletes, but how is this OK?

If Dana and DC gets to hear about it, would they be upset?

does his opinion really bother you enough to make a thread about it? everyone agrees it was a bullshit decision.

No contests as they're currently used are fucking terrible. You can't say a fight didn't happen that we all saw absolutely did. They need to be a rarely invoked tool where one could legitimately argue a fight didn't happen. If you get nut shotted 10 seconds into the fight then declare it a no contest. No one will argue a fight happened if the only thing was the illegal blow.

They need to do what happened in Varner/Cerrone far more often and call technical decisions. If something happens end the fight there and simply go to the scorecards and decide the winner off of where the fight stood. Varner got illegally kneed in at the 3 minute mark of round 5 and couldn't continue so they went to the scorecards and he won a 5 round decision where the 5th simply lasted up to the illegal blow.

As to how you'd apply that to something like Jones/Cormier II I would just expand TKOs to include this too. Jones did KO him, but the technicality is the drug failure. Acknowledge what happened.

Every time he brings up Jones he has to mention how the Matt Hammil loss is bullshit and Jones should be undefeated.

Rules apparently don't matter to Rogan. They were clear 12-6 elbows and it caused the fight to end. It's the very definition of a DQ loss. Debate all you want if elbows should be illegal but since they are, it was the right call.

Rogan is the same guy that crowns a new GOAT every podcast. His opinion should mean very little at this point.

Don't you think Jones should have gotten a warning, instead of a DQ right away? I always thought there should be a warning first.

Don't you think Jones should have gotten a warning, instead of a DQ right away? I always thought there should be a warning first.
Hmm this is interesting.. I think he was only going to take a point away, but hammill couldn't continue. He couldn't continue due to an illegal (dumb rule, but still illegal) move. I think maz got shit on a little too much for that one.

Because we all saw Cormier get his ass beat

It's just freedom of speech. In my head it seems Rogan fanboys for JJ so much because he's one of the company's most important fighters and because he knows him personally. What else would you expect him to say?

As for me, I'm just a fan. I think Jones is a drug cheat and that clouds his legacy. He deserved to lose to Hamill because he fouled. Dumbass rule but he inflicted it and it caused a fight stopping cut. He would've easily gotten the win without using those elbows.

He wouldve beaten DC twice with or without the drugs. Probably. But we will never know because he did take drugs and the result was changed to a NC.

Jon Jones beat Cormier 2X fair square. Negligible amounts of metabolites don't give you fight IQ. So yeah, anyone sensible should consider that a legit win for Jones, a piece of paper cannot change the real world result

This is the first thread I clicked on today and will be, undoubtedly, one of the stupidest fucking things I will lay eyes on for the rest of the day.

Look bro I hate Jones I think he’s a cheating clown but Rogan is just saying what we all saw. Yes it says NC in the record books forever but anyone watching it live saw Jones place a perfectly timed kick to the head with his shin after setting it up well

Hmm this is interesting.. I think he was only going to take a point away, but hammill couldn't continue. He couldn't continue due to an illegal (dumb rule, but still illegal) move. I think maz got shit on a little too much for that one.

Oh ok that makes sense.

Back