Why is ufc 207 on friday?

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Because College Football bowl games are on at the same time Saturday
Because of New Years Eve

Dana & Rogan have appointments to get their hair done on Saturday.

For easy reading from the front page news :

MMA organizations outside of Japan tend to traditionally avoid booking fights on New Year’s Eve. To wit: UFC 207 will take place on Friday this week so as to avoid conflict with the fight-loving public’s potential celebration plans.

Because Fitch vs Shields is on saturday

Rousey's already losing the fight

Dont want her to lose the ratings also

im-just-kidding-but-seriously.jpg

Because we got better shit to do on New Years eve. Friday ppvs are awesome tho. So are Saturday/Sunday afternoon FS1 cards

Outta respect for the monster WSOF card featuring Fitch and Shields!

I'm cool with Friday cards. Would love some saturday afternoon cards once in a while too.

15673018_10154839320264800_981086228662735842_n.jpg

Cause im going to this on saturday, and if the fights were the same night i would't even bother watching. There's too much going on on NYE for the card to ever get good ratings. Only thing that could compete is a big Conor fight.

If they question is why they didn't just do it the following week, I'm thinking they want to break the total PPV numbers in one year record.

Don't know, but it bombed last time they did it, which was UFC 141. they were expecting around 1 million for that event, and it got half of that. I never thought they will go down the friday road again, but they have..

Back