Why is Tony fighting for the belt?

I can't tell if you're being real with this. Have you watched the guy fight. Or looked at his record even. Jesus dude who are you a fan of?
The Goat
source.gif

He hasn't beat anyone in the top 5 but Cowboy who Conor just obliterated. He ducked Max for the interim belt and hasn't fought Poirer or Gaejthe? WTF this guy needs to fight Poirer or Gaejthe before he gets a title and in my opinion they both KO him stiff. I'm Not impressed.

Wow.

The man is 25-3 and on a 12 fight win streak.

There hasn't been anybody in UFC history so deserving of a title shot.

Get your head checked fucko.

I agree. Tony has no business fighting for the belt. 12 fight win streak? Big whoop. Conor has a 15 fight win streak that culminated in his historic victory over Jose Aldo.

Because he hasn’t lost in 8 years?

yeah not that impressive when you go down the list. Where is Poirer or Gaejthe or Conor? That is the top 5
LOL you answered your own question, and it was a perplexing question to even bring up. "Not that impressive GOING DOWN THE LIST". Thompson, Barboza and RDA were top 5 at LW when Tony fought them, and Kevin Lee was #6 and Pettis #7.

This really shouldn't have to be explained to anyone, but it's the ranking of the opponent at the time you fight them that matters. What makes even less sense than you not understanding this, is the fact that you include Conor in the 'top 5' list of names he should have fought before finally get his title shot - Conor, a guy with one LW win that was nearly 4 years ago.

He hasn't beat anyone in the top 5 but Cowboy who Conor just obliterated. He ducked Max for the interim belt and hasn't fought Poirer or Gaejthe? WTF this guy needs to fight Poirer or Gaejthe before he gets a title and in my opinion they both KO him stiff. I'm Not impressed.

You're not all there are you??

Cerrone #4
Pettis #8
Lee #7
Dos Anjos #2
Barbosa #6
Thomson #9

He's beaten 6 top 10 opponents in a row ( 2 in the top 5) and 12 fights overalll. I'd like you to find one UFC contender that has done that. While Tony was beating these guys Gaethje was getting KO'd lol. Gaethje is not the measure to being a contender as his last 6 fights aren't even close as impressive as Tony's. Poirier had his already and is not a more proven contender than Tony.

Ridiculous post, just stop please.

I'm beginning to think TS isn't even trolling. He's just a special kinda guy

The man did more than enough to get this long waited ts with Khabib

After Khabib UD him, they can still make Tony vs Poirer

He should of already has his title shot. Hes won 12 straight fights in the divison

If ur not impressed, then dont watch the fight
Exactly. The question we should be asking is why did Poirier fight for the title instead of him? Why wasn't this fight immediately made and kept on trying to be made no matter how many times it fell apart?

LOL you answered your own question, and it was a perplexing question to even bring up. "Not that impressive GOING DOWN THE LIST". Thompson, Barboza and RDA were top 5 at LW when Tony fought them, and Kevin Lee was #6 and Pettis #7.

This really shouldn't have to be explained to anyone, but it's the ranking of the opponent at the time you fight them that matters. What makes even less sense than you not understanding this, is the fact that you include Conor in the 'top 5' list of names he should have fought before finally get his title shot - Conor, a guy with one LW win that was nearly 4 years ago.

U forgot cerrone

Most legit title shot in the history of the game.
Dos Anjos was ranked top 5. Even #1 I believe.

You are VERY stupid.

He should of already has his title shot. Hes won 12 straight fights in the divison

If ur not impressed, then dont watch the fight
He’s had a couple of shots, just never made it to the fight.
But yes, he’s fighting for the title because he’s the best LW besides the champ. The thread is stupid.

hes the legit champ. while khaducks been beating bloated featherweights like poirer ferg's beem wrecking genuine lw's. khaleed struggled with ragin al. He's vastly overrrated and will get exposed vs ferguson

6 pages of people giving serious answers to a Conor dickrider who doesn't understand this sport and/or wants to troll.

I love Sherdog.

Back