Why is tonights card tonight?

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
No biggie, just curious why it wasnt last night/Saturday...

The UFC didn't dare compete against Kimbo vs. Dada 5000 and Gracie vs. Shamrock 3.

Which fight do you think folks will be talking about at the water cooler come Monday? The legendary Kimbo vs. Dada fight or Cowboy x Cowboy?

Because if it were yesterday it would not be tonight's card. o_O

There is always a thread like that when some event in on Sunday. Who cares,it's tonight.

Football season is over so they are trying to get Sunday slots. They've done it before after football salons end. That's my guess .

It's on Fox tonight isn't it? I would hazard a guess that Fox is the ones who wanted it on tonight

I wouldn't mind if it started like an hour or two earlier than when it's supposed to start. The card is in Pittsburgh (US east coast) so you'd think they would make it a little earlier so people can justify going and then going to work the next day. Main card starts at 9pm and has what, 6 fights? So that means it probably ends midnight or later. Y u do UFC

They knew they couldn't compete with WSOF's stacked card yesterday.

I think the UFC has some sort of relationship with WSOF, who had a card last night.

Taking on TWD.

giphy.gif

They don't know who they're messing with.

The UFC didn't dare compete against Kimbo vs. Dada 5000 and Gracie vs. Shamrock 3.

Which fight do you think folks will be talking about at the water cooler come Monday? The legendary Kimbo vs. Dada fight or Cowboy x Cowboy?

The writing is on the wall, UFC is in trouble.

They can't compete with Bellator.

Thought it was strange because Daytona 500 was today aswell and on FOX. I dont watch nascar so i dont know how long it last, just that it started at 1pm so not sure if it conflicted with the prelims.

They don't always have cards on Saturday. Who knows what fox had planned for it. They are getting some play during the Daytona 500 for it though.

Thought it was strange because Daytona 500 was today aswell and on FOX. I dont watch nascar so i dont know how long it last, just that it started at 1pm so not sure if it conflicted with the prelims.
They use the NFL playoffs to springboard FS1 shows too and those go into the prelims as well. They don't expect the casual fans they are trying to attract to be the role that watch it for six hours.

Maybe the Cowboys were rustlin' last night. In my experience rustlin' is carried out on a Saturday night. Both Cowboys have other responsibilities. Tomorrow they may be sticking up a stagecoach. Guess they agreed on a Sunday night fight.....

Back