Why Is This Weekend's Card So Weak

The card starts on Fight Pass, which is $10 a month (slightly less if you get the longer subscription), and Fox Sports 1, which requires a cable subscription and, from every provider in my area anyway, at least one tier higher than the basic one, and sometimes more than that. By no meaningful measure is this card free, in the US anyway.
Fair enough points, but only if you're looking at it as someone who doesn't have those things to begin with. Is it worth buying cable and FP for this card? No. It's not. But if you already have those things, you're literally not paying a dime extra to watch this event. I'd venture a guess that most people on here at least have cable.

If you don't have cable, you can always find another way to watch.

The card starts on Fight Pass, which is $10 a month (slightly less if you get the longer subscription), and Fox Sports 1, which requires a cable subscription and, from every provider in my area anyway, at least one tier higher than the basic one, and sometimes more than that. By no meaningful measure is this card free, in the US anyway.

Incorrect.

animated_hdr_stream_gif___augusta__ga_by_jimmyweckle-d4hl8nd.gif

Didn't want to waste talent for a Utah card. They don't drink alcohol out there and alcohol and fighting go hand in hand.

Get a job and change yer bum life.
If you can't afford cable or the internet then you've got bigger problems to worry about than lackluster UFC cards.

It's free, shit I'll watch A weak Bellator card if it's free. Sometimes the weakest cards have the best fights, take a random prelim card for example.

Oh shut up man. You know I was just saying it isn't a ppv card. Don't be that guy.
Nah, my cable bill is way higher than it would be every single month because I want Fox Sports 1, mostly for the UFC, so I'm gonna be that guy. It's not free and don't try to tell me it is just because I'm not paying an extra $60 on top of my cable bill.
Incorrect.

animated_hdr_stream_gif___augusta__ga_by_jimmyweckle-d4hl8nd.gif
Any reasonable LEGAL method. I would certainly never condone illegally downloading a card, and have certainly never done it and would never do it again I mean for the first time because I never have.

Get a job and change yer bum life.
If you can't afford cable or the internet then you've got bigger problems to worry about than lackluster UFC cards.
The fact that I can comfortably afford to pay for it doesn't change that it's not free.

I, for one, understand where TS is coming from. Definitely nothing to write home about. And why in the flying fuck is Swanson on the prelims of a weak card? Yes I know they are trying to push fight pass but that is outrageous.

Swanson should definitely be fighting Bermudez, Jason vs Kawajiri is a more suitable fight. Definitely excited to see Yair, hard to believe Bruce Leeroy in a UFC main event lol.

Nah, my cable bill is way higher than it would be every single month because I want Fox Sports 1, mostly for the UFC, so I'm gonna be that guy. It's not free and don't try to tell me it is just because I'm not paying an extra $60 on top of my cable bill.

Any reasonable LEGAL method. I would certainly never condone illegally downloading a card, and have certainly never done it and would never do it again I mean for the first time because I never have.

The fact that I can comfortably afford to pay for it doesn't change that it's not free.
You're looking at it in a ridiculous way. Who doesn't have cable or the internet? If you don't have either of those things then you shouldn't be worried about UFC cards. Don't be obtuse. You know what is meant by free. You don't have to go out of your way to pay for anything extra.
Cant build up new stars if we don't give the other guys their chance to shine.

We don't even get a Title fight at 202
This is true but the main event does have a champ in the fight and both are big draws. The co-main is a #1 contendership match, the main card has a former title contender that is always exciting and looking to get another title shot at another weight class. I would say 202 has more 'names' and this weekend's card is more of guys trying to make a name for themselves. Doesn't speak to how exciting the fights will end up being though.

I, for one, understand where TS is coming from. Definitely nothing to write home about. And why in the flying fuck is Swanson on the prelims of a weak card? Yes I know they are trying to push fight pass but that is outrageous.

Swanson should definitely be fighting Bermudez, Jason vs Kawajiri is a more suitable fight. Definitely excited to see Yair, hard to believe Bruce Leeroy in a UFC main event lol.

You're wrong Amigo:

8f6bb9a9dbe791576b2b49ce9823bd80.jpg

No its not.

So is Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Just because something is on basic cable doesn't exempt it from criticism. The fact you don't understand this is probably why he called you a shill.

Hey pal, you and your butt buddy TS can both fuck off. I like the card, and I aint' no shill.

There is at least 5 fights that I'm genuinely looking forward to.

And it's stupid to pre-judge cards anyway. The most stacked, highly anticipated lineup could easily turn out to be a flop, while a card of no names is just as likely to turn out awesome.

It's MMA, nothing is certain.

See also, UFC 200.

Back