Why is there no world tour for UFC 196?

ANAFILMS

No fucks given.
Banned
Reaction score
There was one for 189 which was one of the main reasons why 189 and 194 cards got so much attention / the buildup was enjoyable to watch. 196 is even higher caliber card since its champ vs champ and yet the promotion for it sucks and RDA won't have Conor talking nearly as much smack to him than he talked to Aldo in the world tour / everywhere else.

MONEY

That first tour, and the vegas commercial cost them an absolute fortune to pull off.

MONEY

That first tour, and the vegas commercial cost them an absolute fortune to pull off.
Its not like they're financially broke lol they make s*it load of money from Conor cards alone and the vegas commercial only cost them like a million (thats what i heard)

You're complaining because Conor won't have more time to talk shit? He sounds like a broken record at this point anyways his shtick is old and he's probably losing is why they aren't marketing it more maybe.

You're complaining because Conor won't have more time to talk shit? He sounds like a broken record at this point anyways his shtick is old and he's probably losing is why they aren't marketing it more maybe.
Him losing is your opinion and i don't care. I just want him to test RDA more

I don't think Conor wants to waste time with the media and wants to have more time to train. Seemed like media obligations were draining him more than training and he started to dislike how grueling it got

The reason will be purely financial, they put on the world tour which cost a load of money and Aldo pulled out. If this was to happen again, no matter how rich the UFC are it would hurt.

At the end of the day they are a business and it doesn't make business sense.

Money and time mostly. Conor is costing the UFC quite a mint. And besides. I'd rather the fighters be hard at work training instead of going around the world via the media circus.

Because it's 2016...pretty sure his current tour would contain material from 2014/15

You can only listen to that same shit for so long

The ufc cant afford sending Conor out in a private jet everywhere.

I think Dana White is secretly angry about McGregor starting to dictate the UFC what they should do. So no more world tours. Same reason why the original UFC 196 didn't include McGregor's belt.

I don't know if the media tour made the kind if impact that they were hoping. Social media is pretty strong these days.

If the first one was successful they would have done it again. No reason not to.

Maybe Conor wanted some outlandish shit and they said enough.

Whatever the reason may be, I am always rooting for any fighter vs the UFC.

Go Conor, take as much of their shit as possible.

they both had less than 3 months inbeetwen fights, and the fight wasn't anounce right after RDA last fight, i think a orld tour would be detrimental to both of their preparation

Conor sells with or without world tour, he is at that place right now where his name sells without much push.

So UFC is saving up money. Plus RDA is not much of a world tour guy, he probably just wants to train all day.

They are preparing for Conor's hospital costs

It has felt under promoted. It seems like such a golden opportunity to make a big deal out of and they are treating it like any other fight. Sure Conor sells on name alone but for such a milestone I would expect more.

Back