Why is there no UFC 155 Wikipedia page?

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just curious if there's a specific reason why 155 does not have its own page. The last 2 FX cards do, so maybe there's a specific reason why 155 does not?

I'm curious too. The events surrounding that one are on it just not 155. I really don't understand the whole wiki process at all. Maybe someone could enlighten us.

because the guys who can approve its creation aren't allowing it right now.

you can look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/UFC_155

the first guy who looked at it said it looks like a test page (which makes no sense), the second guy (top comment on the page) is saying it's not suitable for wikipedia

you can make wikipedia accounts and try to convince them to change their minds, but right now they're not letting the page get created.

because the guys who can approve its creation aren't allowing it right now.

you can look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/UFC_155

the first guy who looked at it said it looks like a test page (which makes no sense), the second guy (top comment on the page) is saying it's not suitable for wikipedia

you can make wikipedia accounts and try to convince them to change their minds, but right now they're not letting the page get created.

So I'm assuming it is some sort of mod that won't let it through? Just for shits and giggles?

Cant remember who offhand,but someone kept trolling it and filling it with BS the night of and during the event.

Its because the world is going to end on the 21st. Wikipedia knows this.

So I'm assuming it is some sort of mod that won't let it through? Just for shits and giggles?
well, it depends.

articles on wikipedia have to meet "notability" guidelines (i.e., "is it important enough to be on here?"). the guys not allowing the UFC 155 article could just be assholes that don't want to let it get made, or they could they could actually think it's not important enough to be on there. either way, it's not going up unless they're convinced otherwise.

Ok, 155 & 156 are not created, but 157, 158, and all the FuelTV/FX cards have been created and are working just fine.

the card is still 2 weeks away

Then why is 156 working?
the 156 wikipedia article isn't working, actually.

other ufc articles are working because they were approved for creation by other people. if the guy who didn't approve 155 got his hands on the other articles before they were approved, then he probably wouldn't have allowed them to get put up, either.

That's the problem with Wikipedia. People donate thousands of dollars so that jerk off mods can change things to be "truths" to support their own opinion. Hopefully people realize that Wikipedia is becoming irrelevant, and actually find a similar site with actual real information.
well, it depends.

articles on wikipedia have to meet "notability" guidelines (i.e., "is it important enough to be on here?"). the guys not allowing the UFC 155 article could just be assholes that don't want to let it get made, or they could they could actually think it's not important enough to be on there. either way, it's not going up unless they're convinced otherwise.
That policy is stupid, because quite frankly, they still have tons of pages for WWE PPV's, WWE albums, lesser cards (like a few Fuel TV, FX, and Fox cards), and stuff like compilation albums.

That's the problem with Wikipedia. People donate thousands of dollars so that jerk off mods can change things to be "truths" to support their own opinion. Hopefully people realize that Wikipedia is becoming irrelevant, and actually find a similar site with actual real information.

That policy is stupid, because quite frankly, they still have tons of pages for WWE PPV's, WWE albums, lesser cards (like a few Fuel TV, FX, and Fox cards), and stuff like compilation albums.

Ya I like wiki because it's really clear and easy to read and it says what fights are going to be on what channel. Plus the background information is nice to see who dropped out and stuff. Sherdog and fight finder just don't have that stuff.

Ya I like wiki because it's really clear and easy to read and it says what fights are going to be on what channel. Plus the background information is nice to see who dropped out and stuff. Sherdog and fight finder just don't have that stuff.
It still doesn't mean Wikipedia is dead wrong some times.

Heck, a few years ago, the Knuckles (aka the Sonic the Hedgehog character) had a Wikipedia article that was twice as long as the article for God. :eek:

It still doesn't mean Wikipedia is dead wrong some times.

Heck, a few years ago, the Knuckles (aka the Sonic the Hedgehog character) had a Wikipedia article that was twice as long as the article for God. :eek:

The Paris Hilton article is twice as long as the American revolution artcle too.

this exactly. wikipedia is beyond fukin ridiculous. you have all these stupid nazi mod trolls that decide to delete shit just because they deem it "irrelevant". i'll give you example, i added a peer reviewed article on a page for a university project, and there is literally 4 lines left from a 2 paragraph contribution. absolutely ridiculous.

Back