Social Why Is The Left Waging A War On 'Gifted' Children?

I’m honestly wondering when Harvard advanced math courses have the focus on times tables and long division. That’s the dumbing down that’s been trending towards and I’m sure Harvard will love to sign off on it. Perhaps if they do, I could be a 300K math professor there?

Basically it's because these gifted classes are based on academic performance. You can have exceptional academic ability across any demographic or group but it is known not to split equally across ethnicity. I.e Asians and Whites generally outperform

This can either be interpreted as:

- due to sociodemographic advantages of these two groups, i.e better access to education and better attitudes and support for education

- due to some innate intellectual differences or aptitudes.

- a combination of the above

Since only the first category is an acceptable line of thinking in the current society, it means that the differences in results are seen as due purely to sociodemographic inequalities, without which 'everyone should be equal'.
So it makes sense to ditch gifted programmes and performance based academic credentials on this line of reasoning.

One of the discoverers of DNA lost his honorary titles however due to saying that intelligence may be partly genetic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mes-watson-honors-racist-comments/2565503002/

So he represents basically the opposite position from the current one driving these changes.

Basically it's because these gifted classes are based on academic performance. You can have exceptional academic ability across any demographic or group but it is known not to split equally across ethnicity. I.e Asians and Whites generally outperform

This can either be interpreted as:

- due to sociodemographic advantages of these two groups, i.e better access to education and better attitudes and support for education

- due to some innate intellectual differences or aptitudes.

- a combination of the above

Since only the first category is an acceptable line of thinking in the current society, it means that the differences in results are seen as due purely to sociodemographic inequalities, without which 'everyone should be equal'.
So it makes sense to ditch gifted programmes and performance based academic credentials on this line of reasoning.

One of the discoverers of DNA lost his honorary titles however due to saying that intelligence may be partly genetic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mes-watson-honors-racist-comments/2565503002/

So he represents basically the opposite position from the current one driving these changes.
I’m not entering the racial genetic angle here for obvious reasons, but intelligence is absolutely genetic to some extent. Hell, being inbred will lower your intelligence for example.

LoL. I had fun in GATE. I had fun being sent to 8th grade for math when I was in 6th grade. Got to go to HS in 7th grade for math.

How bored are the smart kids going to be?

Because it's the complete opposite of what should be done to advance society and apparently that's what the elite decieded was best for everybody

Lol, look at the mouth breathers in this thread pretending that the elimination of the "gifted" program might impact them.

I was in the "gifted" program by the way. It was pretty much shit. They took us to the beach two times a year to "observe marine life" (ie. collect sea shells).

Wait, was that the "gifted" program or the "special" program?

What type of school district was this program in? A good one, bad, middle of the road?

In high school, after 8 years of Catholic schooling, I was in the "gifted" track -- not even a full program -- of a school district whose taxes fell completely on residential properties and it was a garbage program with very limited options.

My son was in a full "gifted" program of a school district that received almost 60% of its funding from the taxes on commerical and industrial properties like landfills, ports, etc. and he had two entire semesters worth of college credits and came out of high school fluent in German.

It would be nice if all gifted programs were equal. Or schooling in general for that matter. But I don't think removing "gifted" programs is the way.

rage posting?
i agreed with the republican consensus and i was obviously joking with my first post .. reading comprehension?

nice try though 1/10

<Dany07>

lolz @ saying you agreed as if that's mutually exclusive with your rage posting.

and this thread reminds me... a couple years ago, some academia jackasses claimed that math was subjective and advocated subjective math to be taught (ie: ignoring order of operations and choosing however you want, i guess). i guess it had more than zero traction.

lolz @ saying you agreed as if that's mutually exclusive with your rage posting.

and this thread reminds me... a couple years ago, some academia jackasses claimed that math was subjective and advocated subjective math to be taught (ie: ignoring order of operations and choosing however you want, i guess). i guess it had more than zero traction.
There was 0 rage posting ..I don't know how your are even coming up with that other than a concussion..

I think what happened is you jumped the gun posting and now instead of just admiring you were wrong keep up this facade

There was 0 rage posting ..I don't know how your are even coming up with that other than a concussion..

I think what happened is you jumped the gun posting and now instead of just admiring you were wrong keep up this facade

you typed 7 lines of nonsense to someone's short post and closed with lighten up. lolz @ pretending you're not rage posting.

<{outtahere}>

What type of school district was this program in? A good one, bad, middle of the road?

In high school, after 8 years of Catholic schooling, I was in the "gifted" track -- not even a full program -- of a school district whose taxes fell completely on residential properties and it was a garbage program with very limited options.

My son was in a full "gifted" program of a school district that received almost 60% of its funding from the taxes on commerical and industrial properties like landfills, ports, etc. and he had two entire semesters worth of college credits and came out of high school fluent in German.

It would be nice if all gifted programs were equal. Or schooling in general for that matter. But I don't think removing "gifted" programs is the way.
There are no gifted people in Canada, lol

you typed 7 lines of nonsense to someone's short post and closed with lighten up. lolz @ pretending you're not rage posting.

<{outtahere}>
You really have no ability to see sarcasm or levity.. lol

is this across the board or only for public schools?
cause i bet the rich people won't have this problem.

I was a G&A student in the 80s. But I'm brown so I guess it was okay

Because the left assumes everything is about power, and therefore if one group is doing better then they must be using some unfair advantage to advance their own interests at the expense of everyone else. If white (especially) and Asian students are doing well and black and brown students are doing poorly it must be due to white supremacy. Somehow white people have engineered the system to benefit themselves and hold back others.

We gotta shame intelligent people and prop up gullible, dumb people. It's hard to sell ideas like:

-firing nurses during a pandemic
-$3.5 trillion stimulus costing everyone $0
-I can be whatever gender I want at any time, even both at the same time

to a country of intelligent people.

Well this most certainly will benefit republicans if were catering to the stupid of society.

I see you mentioned “gullible” too. Lol.

Back