Crime The Gabby Petito case.

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So yes, story is scary and tragic and hopefully there somehow is a good or ok outcome for it. 22 year old girl has gone missing in Grand Teton National park. She was on a cross country road trip with her boyfriend. The boyfriend returned home without her earlier this month, won't talk with authorities, and the family reported her missing over the weekend. August 12th there was a domestic incident between Gabby and her boyfriend, police body cam makes it seem the girl was the aggressor. Boyfriend looks hella guilty, but police not ruling out it being related to a double homicide at a MOAB campsite around that time.

I am seeing it EVERYWHERE tho. Every Local news station running multiple articles a day. MSN homepage on new tabs at work. There are how many missing persons/suspected deceased cases in America, and why is this one so prominent all around? CNN and FOX both have it as website homepage stories.

You could ask that about any big national story. If the media is running with it, it's because it's getting ratings. It's as simple as that, really. The public has an appetite for it, so the media will feed the beast.

Not to mention that for whatever reason, pretty women in these cases, whether a victim or murder suspect, tend to get a lot of attention.

No mystery. Pretty young girl who lived her life on Instagram hashtagging van life and that boyfriend who is "refusing" to cooperate.
Add in the other couple that was killed in same area recently, that's an interesting story.

So yes, story is scary and tragic and hopefully there somehow is a good or ok outcome for it. 22 year old girl has gone missing in Grand Teton National park. She was on a cross country road trip with her boyfriend. The boyfriend returned home without her earlier this month, won't talk with authorities, and the family reported her missing over the weekend. August 12th there was a domestic incident between Gabby and her boyfriend, police body cam makes it seem the girl was the aggressor. Boyfriend looks hella guilty, but police not ruling out it being related to a double homicide at a MOAB campsite around that time.

I am seeing it EVERYWHERE tho. Every Local news station running multiple articles a day. MSN homepage on new tabs at work. There are how many missing persons/suspected deceased cases in America, and why is this one so prominent all around? CNN and FOX both have it as website homepage stories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

I literally had this same exact thought this morning. All I could think was news is slow and she's attractive, young and white

Back