Why is steroid testing still a thing?

I didn’t roids because I was scared my balls would shrivel up and fall off. So Overeeem hasn’t had real sex in a decade at least

you don't need your balls to have sex....it has no effect on your dick.

Ts is a dick pill bros fan lol

Both Anderson Silva and Jones tested multiple times for steroids and history will remember them as cheat. Nice try covering their steroids scandal.
People on the dick pill don't know how to cycle on and off of steroid with PCT, Anderson and Jones are the ones that got caught, i can assure you that they're not the only ones on roids

the negative health effects of steroids have been so blown out of proportion is crazy...to quote a bodybuilding well known strength expert.."if steroids are killing all these athletes, show me the bodies" fact is, steroids do not kill anyone....the main stream media loves to use scare tactics and you seem to be falling for it...yes, steroids can cause some side effects...it can raise blood pressure...but that is through test aromatizing to estrogon...and there are ways of stopping that....very simple things you can do, that eliminate pretty much any negative side effect of steroids....

and before you try and name people that have died, through what you claim will be steroids...prove to me, that steroids did the killing...most of those guys have died, did tons of recreational drugs...steroids don't kill anyone, they never have....

you can look at guys that have done steroids for decades and decades and are alive and healthy and older....arnold, sly stallone, even vince mcmahon...the guy was wrestling steve auston at like 70...he was jacked to hell...he's been doing steroids almost his entire adult life...how are these guys alive and healthy? why, cause steroids do not kill you...they never have...
Not so much killing folks, but more of a contributing factor which will lead to negative factors later in life.
To argue that steroids are not unhealthy is insanely ignorant and completely irresponsible for young uneducated athletes.

The health aspect is a genuine concern, not only is it dangerous for their opponents, but it is also dangerous for said individual taking such drugs.
and why the fuck do you get to decide what certain individuals put in their body, Arnold was juiced to the gills and yet he's still alive today and looking better than most people with that TRT

and why the fuck do you get to decide what certain individuals put in their body, Arnold was juiced to the gills and yet he's still alive today and looking better than most people with that TRT
Never said any individual wasn't allowed to put whatever they want in their bodies.
If they want to use roids have at it, but that doesn't change the fact that they are dangerous and at the end of the day against the god damn rules.
Some people will smoke cigarettes for 80 years and lived to be 100, doesn't mean it wasn't bad for them and lowered their quality of life in those 80 years.

How am I supposed to know that at 10 years old

You're kidding?

The thoughts of steroids shouldn't even enter someones mind, till in their 20's at least...a person should always build a foundation of natural size and strength first...

Never said any individual wasn't allowed to put whatever they want in their bodies.
If they want to use roids have at it, but that doesn't change the fact that they are dangerous and at the end of the day against the god damn rules.
Some people will smoke cigarettes for 80 years and lived to be 100, doesn't mean it wasn't bad for them and lowered their quality of life in those 80 years.
Against the rules doesn't mean shit if 99% of pro athletes use theme... if you want to live to 90 go ahead, there's nothing note worthy in life at that age. Only dementia and arthritis, sounds fun.

I agree TS. It's also a sad day in sports when you get busted for using a banned substance when all you do is row a damn boat for a living.

Against the rules doesn't mean shit if 99% of pro athletes use theme... if you want to live to 90 go ahead, there's nothing note worthy in life at that age. Only dementia and arthritis, sounds fun.
Yes it does mean shit, when you consider what is at stakes( ones health,financial opportunities).
Are you 90? How would you know this, life is what you make it, age ain't nothing but a number.

99% of professional athletes are or were on steroids at some point, it's not to gain an advantage, its simply to level the playing field, if you want to be competitive at the highest level at any sport you need to take some sort of ped, also how the fuck do fighters train 2-3 times a day hard without steroids, it is simply impossible for your body to sustain that type of stress if you're natural, try training 3 times a day for a week and report back with your findings. Big waste of money if you ask me, all your favorite sport icons are on roids, Usain Bolt, Ronaldo, Anthony Joshua, Wilder, GSP... the list goes on. Let them roid the fuck out, it makes things more interesting for the fans.
In all the other sports they are PED'd all the way out. In MMA Dana has to do this to protect the company from liability.
landrygiant0212b.jpg

Laron Landry....He was a safety....One of the smaller positions on the defense.

They're all on gear. The naivety of some of my close friends baffles me, not a single one of them is even suspicious of Anthont Joshua being enhanced. He is 6ft 4, 18stone and has like 3% body fat. Ha ha

They've done such a good job of making it appear normal that people generally accept that's how a natural man looks like.

Then you have nerds on here with deformed bodies telling all the other nerds you can achieve this naturally. Rinse repeat.

Like the dork in this thread talking about getting punched in the head on steroids hurts more while both men are on the sauce.

I asked someone what percentage they think of mma fighters are clean and kid said fuck off

99% of professional athletes are or were on steroids at some point, it's not to gain an advantage, its simply to level the playing field, if you want to be competitive at the highest level at any sport you need to take some sort of ped, also how the fuck do fighters train 2-3 times a day hard without steroids, it is simply impossible for your body to sustain that type of stress if you're natural, try training 3 times a day for a week and report back with your findings. Big waste of money if you ask me, all your favorite sport icons are on roids, Usain Bolt, Ronaldo, Anthony Joshua, Wilder, GSP... the list goes on. Let them roid the fuck out, it makes things more interesting for the fans.

I've been thinking about this for years and have come to the conclusion that now that there is a regulatory apparatus in place, with state athletic commissions etc., it's a jobs program and will never go away. Sort of like how there are still computer programmers officially working for the government to deal with the Y2K problem. This jobs program will not go away even if:
1) no amount of testing rigor will ever stop, but only make more challenging, the use of PEDs, and this is widely known by all parties involved or even demonstrated in some experimental way
2) it is shown that PEDs aren't all that dangerous, especially in the context of a sport where concussions and joint damage are de rigueur. Obviously there is an enormous difference between taking growth hormone, taking anabolic steroids, and injecting your own RBCs back into your blood, etc. etc. etc. "PEDs" as being "dangerous" is just one oversimplification of this whole debate

I did grad school in an endocrinology lab and from my perspective you cannot really define a clear line of what is a "PED" vs. things that would be considered supplements or simply nutrition. I remember making the argument years ago that it's entirely possible someone with a tumor on their pituitary (like Bigfoot Silva had) or testes, could produce levels of hormone that would make them look like they were taking exogenous hormone. What would the response to that be? Maybe a genetic mutation in sex hormone-binding globulin, or the enzyme that metabolizes steroids, that results in several times more steroid signaling occur in at the cell level. Should they be prevented from fighting?

Let's say for example in the future there is some technology that allows an athlete to have steroid-taking levels of testosterone without actually injecting it or a synthetic version. For the sake of the argument we can imagine some future technique where a mixture of cholesterol (the precursor to all steroids, and also of course a substance found in nearly every animal food) with red light and sonic vibrations on the testes causes an output of testosterone that is about the same as what someone has in their blood during a cycle. Would that technique, the use of red light and a sonic device (like a high frequency massager) and consuming high levels of cholesterol, be made illegal?

We are living in a time with a certain level of biomedical technology available to athletes and to regulatory bodies, such that everyone that knows anything about it kind of knows that many/most take something, almost no one takes nothing illegal, and only a small fraction get caught or get caught more than once. As the technology changes, these circumstances will change. There may be a time very near in the future when an at-home mutagenesis kit can produce synthetic steroids on demand that add small molecular groups that hardly affect the efficacy of the substance but fuck with the testing (which almost always looks at downstream metabolites) to the point where it's functionally impossible to test for things. And perhaps that kind of arms race between the dopers and the testers could end up being more dangerous than simply letting dudes use good ole natural versions of this stuff.

I think the best thing to do in the real world we actually live in, not some fairytale world where you can expect multimillion dollar athletes to want to be honest over winning and where the "experts" (state bureaucrats) are smarter than the doctors these athletes pay, is to just give up and let it be a street cred thing where everyone pretty much knows which fighters use what and people like the Diaz brothers and BJ Penn or whatever can call everyone out for being juice monkeys and feel morally superior.

This is all speculation, but everyone should know that everyone's opinion on this is speculation. No one knows what future technology will bring, and modern government bureaucrats and the agencies they hire are notoriously several steps behind the fields they are supposed to police, whether it's banking/finance, sports PEDs, the energy sector, pharma, etc. And it's not always that they are behind in the sense that they can't keep up with bad things companies are doing, sometimes they are behind in the sense that they regulate or punish companies doing something that isn't actually bad just to look busy while something much worse is going on under their noses, like a traffic giving you a ticket for going 10 mph over the limit and a mile down the road someone is getting murdered in their car.

All Sherdoggers train 3 times (at least) a day. Where you been bro?

I'm doing leg presses as I'm posting this..

you can train that often, but only for a limited time...the pro fighters do not train like that year round..it's only for like 8 weeks or so...with good nutrition and varying the intensity, it can be done...

Getting punched in the head by someone on roids>Getting punched in the head by someone not on roids.

Getting punched in the head by someone with access to best doctors and best suplements>Getting punched in the head by someone who doesn't have access to that. Roids make you better. Your life choices and whatever you have access too can also make you better. Money can make you better. Plenty of shit that you can do or take can make you better. Advanced medical treatments that only a lot of money can pay can make you better. No one is actually "natural".

Getting punched in the head by someone with access to best doctors and best suplements>Getting punched in the head by someone who doesn't have access to that. Roids make you better. Your life choices and whatever you have access too can also make you better. Money can make you better. Plenty of shit that you can do or take can make you better. Advanced medical treatments that only a lot of money can pay can make you better. No one is actually "natural".
I agree, mostly everyone at one point or another has use some type of P.E.D whether it be for training, weight cutting, competing or all of the above, but the danger it places in there whether it presents itself towards the opponent or the negative consequences it can present to the user can not be ignored and swept under the rug in something so trivial as " everyone else does it, so I may as well too."

Back