Why is sport jiu jitsu...

rbagu,
It's about the foot that is comming across his opponent's body. Had he put his foot on his opponent's hip then it would have been legal.

281393851_k4tkn-Sa.jpg

IBJJF are just scared of footlocks they manipulate the rules. Footlock Is a footlock

there are many foot lockers that to great in bjj. Telles for one. Telles does however.. know the rules. The question i want to ask you is:

Did your coach bother to tell explain to you the rules that has been around for at least 2+ years. Especially the one concerning the straight footlock? Or did he not and send you to a tournament without fully researching the rules and making sure that you knew them?

oh ok. i guess the rule makes sesne because of the gi pants. imo should still be allowed, arm bars are with baggy sleeves right? guys just need to tap. but rules are rules

unrelated, but this story made me think of it. my pan american. silver would have been gold had the ref not changed the rules mid match, and not allowed me to slam

oh ok. i guess the rule makes sesne because of the gi pants. imo should still be allowed, arm bars are with baggy sleeves right? guys just need to tap. but rules are rules

it's not like people can't footlock because of that rule. many guys still footlock. But let's be honest, who's job is it to LEARN the rules and PREPARE his students? Especially when his students are trainign hard, cutting weight, making sacrifices, and paying good money to compete?

it's not like people can't footlock because of that rule. many guys still footlock. But let's be honest, who's job is it to LEARN the rules and PREPARE his students? Especially when his students are trainign hard, cutting weight, making sacrifices, and paying good money to compete?
on no i agree. i'm just saying as someone who has competed, i don't like the idea oh having to think "ok now which way can i do this or that" but yeah i get it. rules are rules.

unrelated, but this story made me think of it. my pan american. silver would have been gold had the ref not changed the rules mid match, and not allowed me to slam

he didn't change anything, one is not allowed to slam someone unless it's a takedown. You can't "rampage" someone in jiu jitsu and many submission tourments.

I know thats why i got Dqed. whats the point of competing when the IBJJF keeps making up Pussy Little Rules. if one of there Gracie Barra prodigy's got tapped with a wrist lock i bet you the next year they would make that illegal too

he didn't change anything, one is not allowed to slam someone unless it's a takedown. You can't "rampage" someone in jiu jitsu and many submission tourments.

wasn't that tournament. but the rule was slams were ok on a TD, as long as you weren't spiking them on their head. they were clear if someone pulled guard or something, you couldn't run around the spike them, but you could fall foward. or fall back, you just weren't allowed to jump and spike them. and it wasn't a slam, it was OT and he got behind me and tried to RnC me. i grabbed his legs and was gonna drop back then spin to his guard. but ref told me i wasn't allowed to drop down like that. which wasn't a rule

interesting... Would that be a takedown if someone is on your back though?

Please Show me where it say you can not "cross you foot over the body while doing a footlock" becuase seriously i cant find it. International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation

I don't see it there either. But they basically have this rule for safety reasons. Because the only feasible way for your opponent to escape from that position is to reverse heelhook your leg ... either as the real submission (which will blow the knee up incredibly fast) or just by cranking the leg away from them, not trying for the submission (which is also likely to blow the knee up).

Either way, it's an incredibly unsafe position for your leg to be in.

I know thats why i got Dqed. whats the point of competing when the IBJJF keeps making up Pussy Little Rules. if one of there Gracie Barra prodigy's got tapped with a wrist lock i bet you the next year they would make that illegal too

sounds like sour grapes to me.

Lol Wow im a Blue Belt and i got DQed also for doing a stright footlock. IBJJF Tournaments rules are stupid. Now Lets Be Honest If i were from the Gracie Barra Team or if my last name was Gracie i would of not been Dqed.
281393851_k4tkn-S.jpg

281394525_JqUNX-S.jpg

I didn't see it in the rules, but it was around years ago. It is called "reaping" and used to be illegal (I guess it still is). The bad thing is that even though it is still illegal, a lot of people don't understand exactly what reaping is, even though it is simply throwing your leg across your opponent's body during the footlock.

Funny....one of my guys was making fun of me because I kept warning them all against this practice. They went online and said they couldn't find anywhere that it was illegal.

Sorry you got DQed. Looked tight to me.

interesting... Would that be a takedown if someone is on your back though?
they said in the rules meetings that as long as you wern't spiking them, or lifting them off the ground to do it, they were ok

I always research the rules well before any tournament, and i am one of the few that will always ask questions at the rules meeting before the comp starts. Most tourney's i have been to allow blue belts to do straight ankle locks, knee bars and wrist locks, but as sunnycoast already said no guillotines (without the arm) and no triangles while pulling the head

wasn't that tournament. but the rule was slams were ok on a TD, as long as you weren't spiking them on their head. they were clear if someone pulled guard or something, you couldn't run around the spike them, but you could fall foward. or fall back, you just weren't allowed to jump and spike them. and it wasn't a slam, it was OT and he got behind me and tried to RnC me. i grabbed his legs and was gonna drop back then spin to his guard. but ref told me i wasn't allowed to drop down like that. which wasn't a rule

if he's going for a sub and you drop back onto him it's a slam or considerd trying to slam your way out of a sub.

if he's going for a sub and you drop back onto him it's a slam or considerd trying to slam your way out of a sub.

they siad it is ok unless you pick them up to do it, or you dont drop them on their head

BLANKO
If i have my right arm wrapping under his left ankle, and i throw my right leg over his left leg to go belly down with my left leg tucked and squeezing his leg, am i doing an illegal footlock?

BLANKO
If i have my right arm wrapping under his left ankle, and i throw my right leg over his left leg to go belly down with my left leg tucked and squeezing his leg, am i doing an illegal footlock?

The foot has to be placed on the hip. It cant go higher than that.

Back