Why is Ross Pearson favorite against Diego Sanchez?

Ross is a very tough style fight for Diego. Sanchez struggles to get takedowns and Pearson has respectable TDD. Pearson also has a good jab and technical striking whereas Diego is an easy target and often hits air when he swings. Diego also cuts easily.

Sanchez stops punches with his face, Pearson not so much

Mean mugging stopped winning you fights back in 011. Now you need this thing, I think we call it, skill????!!!

I'm like wtf.

Diego Sanchez +155
Ross Pearson -175

Diego Sanchez seems to be a GOOD bet. Thoughts?

Because Diego Sanchez doesn't have good takedowns and Pearson has better stand up, it's pretty simple. The only reason to favor Sanchez is that he tends to "win" a lot of rounds he shouldn't.

Ross is a very tough style fight for Diego. Sanchez struggles to get takedowns and Pearson has respectable TDD. Pearson also has a good jab and technical striking whereas Diego is an easy target and often hits air when he swings. Diego also cuts easily.

I agree that Pearson should win this but if it goes to decision it's highly likely that Diego wins as,the judges tend to get caught up in the crowd going wild when he does his wild flailing of his arms even when he isn't connecting

Back