Why is Ross Pearson favorite against Diego Sanchez?

Could possibly see Diego getting a UD if he can get Pearson to the ground and keep him there. The guy has enormous pressure, although Pearson looks to have developed good TDD. Another thing to remember is that Diego is a pretty big LW and Pearson can make 145.

Depends on which Diego shows up though. K1 Diego has no more business in the octagon, but he's too insane to know any better.

Can't say those lines seem too crazy. I wouldn't bet on it.

Diego sucks. He comes to bang and that's about it.
That's not a fair assessment. He is a truly awesome mma grappler. After all, we are talking about a guy who nearly went the distance (armbar during a scramble in last 30 seconds, what can ya do?) with famed submission hunter Marcelo Garcia in no gi competition, whilst almost taking the Brazilian legend's back with hooks in during the process.

The problem is that his takedowns are not good; he can't get anyone down because even when he was undefeated he mostly relied on relentless pace and wearing people out to get takedowns. If you weren't gassed and had pretty solid takedown defense you were OK and a mediocre striker in Koscheck proved it after stuffing Diego's takedowns effortlessly.

The same is still true now except the fighters are better and you have a guy like Kampmann who can not only stuff your takedowns but also has slick finishing BJJ and can light you up with the jab and right straight all night. Diego's skills have not improved at all.

anyone with a brain is actually a favorite vs Sanchez at this point. Sad to say really. We all know how Diego will fight, avoid that style and win. He will be judged like this in betting odds untill he changes his style!

That being said, i will still root for him. Plus if he mixes things up i am 100% sure he will win vs Pearson. Money to be made.

Because Ross Pearson has good movement with his striking and will land more punches.

I wish the odds were the other way around so I could put some money on Ross and make some money!

I have seen almost nobody disagree with the assertion that both the Gomi and Kampmann fights were flagrant robberies which says a lot I think.

If Diego can get this fight to the ground, and keep it there, he will have a great chance of winning.

There is also the potential for a toe-to-to fire fight, an outcome that favors Diego, but that implies that Ross will stand in the pocket and trade with him.

Here's to hoping that the Nightmare can get back on track with this one.

hmm I think this is a good bet unless their is some stylistic issue that am not aware of here.

Here's to hoping that the Nightmare can get back on track with this one.
Problem is that the LW division woke up from the Nightmare after Vampire Penn dismissed him from it.

Obviously he can win if he gets Pearson down, but I doubt it'll happen.

Ross has great hands and was robbed against Barboza.

man, I did not expect diego to get schooled like that.

makes me think twice of betting on diego as an underdog now.

He was every part Diego, minus the speed, offensive output and pace.

He made Jury look like a world beater.

Pearson isn't anything too remarkable, but I think he scores the decision here.

I haven't looked at lines for this card, but wouldn't bet Diego unless the line was juicier.

In all honesty im hoping the line evens out, so i can get Ross cheaper.

Because Pearson needs to be battered about a bit before he abandons his defense and zombies out.... Sanchez' only "non-zombie moments" take place OUTSIDE the cage now. He literally appears these days to be doing everything he can to take MORE damage

To beat Sanchez, you need good footwork, decent TDD and a job. Pearson will kill him

Uhh, have you not watched Pearson fight? He has good boxing and decent defense. Diego just moves forward and tries to brawl.

Back