Why is Ronda so appealing to the casual fan?

I don't want to wait for our lives to ooooverrr

lol, 10-4.

Maybe Ronda is back because this is all she has. She knows her acting career isn't panning out. She needs to win this fight, for real.

Chris Weidman is a better actor than Rousey.

Two reasons.

1. The UFC & Media built her. Ronda doesn't have the ability to self-promote like guys named Ali, Mayweather, and McGregor. She needed someone else to step in and make her a star, and that's what they did. They took a very good judo practioner and overall fighter, and put her against what amounts to mediocre competition. She became champion, she defended her belt, and she did it in fashion every time. The UFC did their part, and then the Media did theirs. They took this and used it to build her into a modern day "We can do it" poster", and every pretend progressive has wanted a piece of her imaginary feminism ever since.

2. White knights. We've all seen them. We've all heard them. They exist, and number one on their list of women they wish they could be with is Ronda. Ronda is the perfect blend of being not too ugly, but not too attractive for them. Too ugly, and even they can't say yes...Too attractive and then their PTSD kicks in from the time the hot girl in class made fun of them in high school. Ronda being that perfect mix, but also pretending to be this nice nerd that plays video games, and reads comics, and all that other BS has these weirdos salivating at the thought of being able to be her cuck one day. Ronda does a nice job of being a completely bipolar bitch, and with that comes polarity. These white knights are going to see her good side, and ignore her bad side, because that's what they want to see and fantasize about. Once that happens, their natural beta instincts will kick in and they will attempt to defend her against every sensible Alpha male, in hopes of wooing her, either consciously, or sub-consciously. That's their motivation.

While these nerds didn't have as great of an impact on her popularity originally, they are truly what's left of Ronda's fanbase today since most of the feminists have gotten the fook out.

One of the few positive things about Ronda is that she rejected all the attempts the media made to align her with the feminist cause. I've not seen her play the gender card, either. She goes out and does her thing and doesn't blame imaginary glass ceilings for failures.

lol, 10-4.

Maybe Ronda is back because this is all she has. She knows her acting career isn't panning out. She needs to win this fight, for real.

Chris Weidman is a better actor than Rousey.

The Chris is a once ever.

Being good at what she does, being white and speaking english is the easiest marketing you will ever get.

White people are the consumers and like watching white people do great things.

If she wins, she will be bigger than ever!

Its weird. she is the most popular fighter out there in the main stream and for casuals, yet her ppv numbers aren't world breaking. Conor is a far bigger MMA star than ronda and people want to see conor fight more, but ronda is more popular. The Ufc also built an absolute massive hype train behind her, conor for the most part made his own image and hype, ronda's was fabricated for most of it imo.

My guess is a lot of teen and young women and maybe even some older women like to hear about ronda and follow her but dont watch her fights because they aren't into mma, but maybe just follow ronda.

Know what i mean

I think her numbers are gradually getting better.

Dana is like her personal promoter and doesn't hide that - it was the same with Liddell and Hughes. I think you're spot on with who a lot of her fan base are. She's probably in the US mainstream media more than other fighters - and I have no doubt Dana loves it as he's alluded to her saying yes to every media request - which I think a lot of it took its toll on her in the Holm fight.

I don't really get the hate for her. I thought when she beat Tate and refused to shake her hand was a bit bitchy and maybe last night not giving her fans a shout out at least was a bit out of order, but I suppose folk don't like seeing someone getting exemptions and being treated differently to others.

What was it that made her a big star as opposed to Tate for example?

Ronda was smart and learnt how to market herself to casuals outside of the MMA circle since she always said her goal was to get famous fighting, retire undefeated and use her fame to do Hollywood action movies. She also does a lot with her social media outlets e.g. instagram, twitter, vines, Youtube etc. and puts out videos like the one below to show off her personality and fun side.

It wont break a million,at her peak she struggled to break a million.

She was popular though because of what she did,she was a good looking women who could talk and she was murking girls and in a way were its not hard to watch for casuals.Its one thing to see a girl get arm barred anthor to see them get knocked out.

She is also a pioneer,she was the women who got women into the ufc.People picked up on that story,and she preached female empowerment.We will never see a female fighter on the same level as her in terms of star power.

Preaching empowerment whilst shitting on other women and photoshopping her own pictures.

because she finished her fights in a couple of seconds while tate fights are usually super boring?

As a fan of judo i loved to see it used so effectivley. Plus the knock on wmma was that it wasnt exciting. Her fights were exciting. She was mean to her opponents which does not bother me in the least,because ive seen it in every fightsport that has ever been. Some people need that to maintain their edge. I liked that she thought she could beat cain velasquez. Its that mentality that was having her trounced these other DNB's so quickly. They didnt have thoughts like that,so how could they win?

Mostly because the UFC dumped a lot of money into hyping her a guys would sit around having the "do you think you could beat Ronda" talk.

The same reason that Hillary Clinton appealed to know-nothings. Because the media tells you that you should like her and casts her in a good light where you don't get to see what a sack of crap they both are.

The cult of Marx latched onto the angry all powerful feminist. After they had their symbol, they pushed that symbol down the general public's throat.

To casual fans she will always be the reason women are in the UFC. People here can downplay it all they want, her noteworthy accomplishment made a lot of casual fans take a look at mma.

Her finishes and the times built her star significantly. Casual fans appreciate a finish in pretty much any combat sport

More than this is in the mix for her but these come to mind

This is easy. Because of the way she destroys her competition so easily. It's the exact same thing that Mike Tyson had.

People wanted to tune in to see this freak of nature destroy their opponent (Unlike a Mayweather PPV, a lot of people tune in to hopefully see him lose).

One of the few positive things about Ronda is that she rejected all the attempts the media made to align her with the feminist cause. I've not seen her play the gender card, either. She goes out and does her thing and doesn't blame imaginary glass ceilings for failures.

She doesn't seem to care about all of those social constructs, and to be honest she doesn't have time like most successful people. She was focused on her craft, not what weirdos with agendas were trying to push her as.

Back