Why is Ronda so appealing to the casual fan?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What was it that made her a big star as opposed to Tate for example?

This less then decent PPV will probably break a million buys because of Ronda.

Well spoken, photogenic, always goes for the finish, reportedly pretty nice to everybody not a competitor in real life, was the 'first', world class athlete, attractive when in shape, knows how to work the media and has a good management team behind her

She was collecting arms for fun

Suppose "casuals" wanna see good quick finishes too

more-nude-ronda-rousey-body-paint-pics-for-the-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-leaked_1.jpg

This less then decent PPV will probably break a million buys because of Ronda.
i think it was her ability to do what no man was doing at the time, in terms of finishing fights so fast. With that said I hate her and cant understand why people like her

12-0 record with almost all wins coming in under a minute of the first round.

Also not looking like a monster even though having the personality of one helped a lot.

Delusional feminists made her a star...we were force fed that she was beautiful and could beat men...then it all came crashing down in glorious fashion...

She's appealing to the casual fans as well as the hardcore fans. Obviously.

I hate her attitude and the way she acts. I had no issue with her being mad at Miesha and Bethe I understood that but then it just became so many people she hated. With that said I do respect that she's always true to her self. Not shaking Miesha's hand after the fight I respected that. She knew she'd get booed for that and she gave 0 fucks and stuck to her guns. She wasn't going to pretend for anyone so maybe that's what people like love or hate her she is who she is and she wont pretend just to get you to like her. Hell if anything she'll do the opposite and do things to make you hate her even more.

It wont break a million,at her peak she struggled to break a million.

She was popular though because of what she did,she was a good looking women who could talk and she was murking girls and in a way were its not hard to watch for casuals.Its one thing to see a girl get arm barred anthor to see them get knocked out.

She is also a pioneer,she was the women who got women into the ufc.People picked up on that story,and she preached female empowerment.We will never see a female fighter on the same level as her in terms of star power.

Because she was massively marketed by her management and the UFC? Is that why?

Because she's a great heel.

Ferocious fighter and a bitch to her opponent.

She's an interesting personality.

She has an intriguing personality, compared to many of the airhead female fighters (cough PVZ, Jessica Eye)

Have you ever heard Meisha speak? She is as annoying as fuck! Serious fans and shertards don't even buy the PPV or attend the events. It's the casual fans and/or their parents who do.

Because she attracts the WWE type fan. Low IQ - BBQ stains on their shirt. You know the type.

Gina Carano was better for the sport, and did all of the shit Rhonda gets credit for first. But, just like Rhonda, the fight game wasnt No. 1 -- people just wanna see good fights. Period. the other shit helps thou ... I mean .. look at Sonnen. Literally shit the bed in every big fight he ever had. Was a literally nobody when he got lined up to save Silva ... turned into a pro wrestler and became a millionaire. The game is funny.

Tate was a WBW punching bag and destined as a journeywoman competitor until the right circumstances (Rousey out of picture) got her a title.

Rousey is an American Olympic medalist, won fights dominantly, was able to play both heroine and villain personas, became and defended the first UFC women's title.

She had everything and made the most of it. Holm proved to be a fluke (she's 0-2 going for a FW title), Tate was a fluke and really just a gritty fighter, Nunes is still an unknown but she's clearly not marketable in the sense of: (American) Olympian, personality, looks, etc.

Back