Why is Romero still a MW?

why can't he jump to 205?
Ignore the nonsense, he can do whatever he wants.
It makes zero sense for him to fight for the belt without having fought romero, jacare or weidman. We know he can strike but can he grapple like that? Romero is an effective gatekeeper.
It also makes zero sense that Romero is holding #1 spot on MW rankings without winning at MW for almost 3 years. Thank god he dropped at least one place.

Do you think McGregor should be ranked #1 at LW in the middle of 2019?

Ignore the nonsense, he can do whatever he wants.

It also makes zero sense that Romero is holding #1 spot on MW rankings without winning at MW for almost 3 years. Thank god he dropped at least one place.

Do you think McGregor should be ranked #1 at LW in the middle of 2019?
You're right. He shouldn't, not after losing twice. Conor shouldn't even be top 10 either. Other guys have been putting in that work whilst he's been sitting with his dick in his hand.

Romero is 42 and he just cashed a fat check.

I don't think he ever actually got any serious dough ( or even a dime) despite winning that lawsuit.

"When I asked Berry what the likelihood was of Romero actually collecting the $27 million in damages, he said, "the fact that the organization didn't offer a defense, and didn't show up at court is a bad sign." Several scenarios can spring from Wednesday's news, and unfortunately for Romero few of them end with him collecting the damages. While we don't know the exact financial status of Gold Star Performance, it doesn't feel like a stretch to call it unlikely the organization has the assets to make good on the court's judgment."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...inancial-award-from-his-lawsuit/#5853775c461c

Why still fight at all with millions incoming..

Fun fact, his last middleweight win was at UFC 205 in 2016.

...but folks were saying to me Stylebender (who by the way worked his ass out to get where he's at) didn't deserve top 5 entry or some dumb shit.

If Yoel loses to Natty Paul, I'd assume he's done with 185.

Funny how people can emphasise certain "facts" and neglect others to prove their point. Yoel's fight with Rockhold was basically a MW fight (barely missed weight) and most people feel Yoel beat Whittaker the second time. In practice Yoel is relevant at 185.

The dude is a beast but if he loses on Saturday I don't think he should be fighting in any weight class ever again
He won the lawsuit but he hasn’t got the check yet

I don't think he ever actually got any serious dough ( or even a dime) despite winning that lawsuit.

"When I asked Berry what the likelihood was of Romero actually collecting the $27 million in damages, he said, "the fact that the organization didn't offer a defense, and didn't show up at court is a bad sign." Several scenarios can spring from Wednesday's news, and unfortunately for Romero few of them end with him collecting the damages. While we don't know the exact financial status of Gold Star Performance, it doesn't feel like a stretch to call it unlikely the organization has the assets to make good on the court's judgment."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...inancial-award-from-his-lawsuit/#5853775c461c
That’s pretty sick. I wondered before too if such a company even has a spare 27 million lying around somewhere.

Yoel might have to send a few Soldiers of God to collect that money for him

Because he can make the weight.......oh wait.

I guess he's hoping for Adesanya to get the title so he could challenge again.

Because
My-Post-46.png

Mw is pretty weak, And Romero is bigger than most mws, so it is probably a good strategy to stay.

The dude is a beast but if he loses on Saturday I don't think he should be fighting in any weight class ever again
Lol it's obvious he hasn't made a dime from that lawsuit.

If he had it would be all over the news and he wouldn't be fighting any more.

With that being said, i'd really like to see him at LHW. His height could be a problem against a guy like Jon Jones though. But i'm sure he would woop most of the top guys.

This is what makes Daniel Cormier great. He’s really Yoels size, maybe even smaller, without all that fat. But he’s still whooping ass as a heavyweight.

He’s ducking LHW just like other guys are ducking other classes.

He’s waiting to see if Whittaker loses. Either way I hope costa beats him

It makes zero sense for him to fight for the belt without having fought romero, jacare or weidman. We know he can strike but can he grapple like that? Romero is an effective gatekeeper.
You people act like he just didn't fight Derek brunson... Ya know, the NCAA wrestler who took yoel down 3 times yet went 0/8 against Izzy

Jones and Romero are friends and have the same managment team Maybe that's why he avoid 205.
if he loses i hope he goes to 205

Back