Why is Randy never mentioned as a Double Champ

Its holding both, simultaneously. Even then, should be defending both. Nobody has really done that.

Wtf does Dana have to do with it?

Floyd lol. Home boy ducked everyone good/prime in his 134 belt sport.

I dont even consider him top 10 and a very bad influence on modern fighting

Who the hell did Floyd not fight?

Its holding both, simultaneously. Even then, should be defending both. Nobody has really done that.
DC defended the LHW title vs Volkan, then moved up, took the HW belt from Stipe and defended it vs Lewis. DC is the one and only double champ who defended both belts while holding them simultaneously.

Yeah yeah yeah Jon KOd him blah blah blah, that was ruled a NC so doesn't count, case closed.

It's funny that people here give Jones a hard time for steroids but look at Randy there, especially against Vitor. All those guys were juiced to the gills.

If they were all juiced to the gills it was a level playing field. Jones is allowed to fail tests whereas other guys get 5 year bans for weed

Randy Couture was the first multi-division champ and yet nobody mentions his accomplishments?

From Wikipedia-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Couture

Because he never held belts at two weight classes at the same time.

He probably isn't discussed because 90% of the current membership of Sherdog hasn't been watching MMA long enough to have actually seen any of his fights.

Randy and Hendo should be on the top of almost every dedicated fans list of favorite fighters.

He was too mean to Dana and c/o, trying to negotiate too much. They went from always mentioning him even when it was kinda irreleveant, to avoiding mentioning him at all suddenly

Of course they were, and still are. If you think Yoel Romero is not on some olympic next level shit then you are fucking retarded. He is the most notorious cheater of all time and yet people just parade him around and love him.

If you hate Jones because he hit a pregnant lady with his car and ran away, I understand that I get it, but if you hate him coz of steroids you're an idiot. The UFC was built on the back of steroids.
I think it's his personality. Everyone knows that pretty most every American sport has a steroid component. Jones thing is that he will always deny he has taken anything and he is a good christian. All that crying at the press conference saying he never took anything in his life. He comes off so damn fake but the UFC spins it as DC is the villain.

It's exactly what it sounds like lol i didn't dare watch it personally but i heard it was very juch randy getting ratchet for some skank on skype who then released the video lmao

Apparently its very graphic i wouldn't suggest looking it up unless you're comfortable seeing an MMA icon blastin his lap top screen
giphy.gif

randy gets marginalized way too much, largely because he lost a lot. but you have to look at how many of the fights in his career were actually title fights, i think it was a majority. very few fighters have fought such tough competition that consistently, and he beat a lot of them.

He is barely mentioned but I have heard it. When someone won a second belt, he was mentioned with BJ, Conor, etc.

How would most Sherdoggers know anyway? They watch on mute.

And he is a commentator at PFL now, not Bellator.

He is. What he isn’t that we have had a rash of was fighters who captured a second title without losing the other one

Obviously most have heard about it but once you know what the video is I have to seriously question why you would want to watch it

I mean if a chick was involved I could maybe understand but....

Yeah lol i couldn't bring myself to watch it, from what I heard im the thread when it originally came out it was pretty fucking gross lmao. I know its 2019 and we all supposed to be open minded but someshit will forever be disgusting to me lmfao

I'd genuinely have to say a large group of sherdog are fairly deep in the closet as evidenced by their seething hate for women and affinity for muscle bound burly fighters. Not that theres anything wrong with it but lets call a spade a spade

Randy Couture was the first multi-division champ and yet nobody mentions his accomplishments?

From Wikipedia-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Couture

Because Dana hates him.
Plus it was nice marketing tool to claim Conor to be the first.

And since when is UFC (Dana) really big on speaking the truth???

Because Dana hates him.
Plus it was nice marketing tool to claim Conor to be the first.

And since when is UFC (Dana) really big on speaking the truth???
This is true. I remember when he beat Chuck in his prime, I think beating Dana’s golden boy was a big part of that.

Randy is another fighter, like GSP, that Dana doesn't like because he didn't take it dry and do whatever the UFC told him.

Back