Why is Randy never mentioned as a Double Champ

I think back in the day if you were going to pursue the belt in another division you would naturally relinquish your currently held belt or get stripped. The whole belt-hostage division-blocking fashion started with Conor and should have died when Conor did nothing for 500+ days.

True. Aldo couldn't go up in weight because the UFC said he had to be stripped first.

I'm scared to type in "Randy Couture handy" into my google search, can I get a quick TL;DR?

It's exactly what it sounds like lol i didn't dare watch it personally but i heard it was very juch randy getting ratchet for some skank on skype who then released the video lmao

Apparently its very graphic i wouldn't suggest looking it up unless you're comfortable seeing an MMA icon blastin his lap top screen

Because majority of Sherdoggers are Conor fans and don’t know anything about MMA past 2016. Couture means nothing to them.
Majority really? Based off what exactly, your hunch. Ha

Probably becasue he never held both belts at the same time, thank god

Dana is pretending he never existed, like any normal elementary school student would do.

Because Randy gets the same treatment like Frank Shamrock...

If you don't get along with the boss...they just won't mentioned you at all costs...

It's funny that people here give Jones a hard time for steroids but look at Randy there, especially against Vitor. All those guys were juiced to the gills.
Every MMA fighter pre USADA has taken a supplement that's on the current banned list.

You haven't seen "the video" yet have you...
We don't speak of Handy anymore

<{clintugh}>
Obviously most have heard about it but once you know what the video is I have to seriously question why you would want to watch it

I mean if a chick was involved I could maybe understand but....

Of course they were, and still are. If you think Yoel Romero is not on some olympic next level shit then you are fucking retarded. He is the most notorious cheater of all time and yet people just parade him around and love him.

If you hate Jones because he hit a pregnant lady with his car and ran away, I understand that I get it, but if you hate him coz of steroids you're an idiot. The UFC was built on the back of steroids.
Whether he does the roids on purpose or not, he failed the test his opponents passed. He's destroying the illusion of an even playing field by being allowed to fight despite failing multiple tests. Much like Brock Turner getting a few months for raping someone because he has a bright future, this privilege he has is not something we should be celebrating. We should be eradicating it in the name of equality.

Dana hates him?

This. Dana and Randy had a blowout in the end after he left, before joining Bellator as a commentator. I'm surprised people don't remember this. Dana came out and was saying shit like Randy was a very 'bad guy' and made comments about his business practices and everything else.. I believe this was the 2nd time they kind of blew out, and that was it. Dana basically wrote him off then. Of course, I'm sure Randy has a very different story.

But I would gather, THIS is why. Randy Couture doesn't get any credit for anything he's accomplished during any UFC shows I can remember since.

Watching machida kick his tooth out of his head was devastating to his reputation which was based on gimme title shots and ignored his frequent losses which were on occasion to relative nobodies.

The more pressing question is why has no media corner Couture and asked him about that video? I know the MMA media are gutless, but where is TMZ when you need them?

But to answer the original question, Couture left for Bellator years ago and is no longer in the fold. Even if Couture were a "champ champ" back then, he isn't now and UFC fans are idiots that think anything that is being touted last is best.

He never had 2 belts at the same time. Yeah DC, Nunes, Bader are all Champ Champs but they'll never be Champ champ champ champ champ Floyd Mayweather
Lol 4 pound differences in weight classes and multiple belts per class. What a sport

he tried to weasel his way out of UFC

a few people remember the numbers that got out, fighters get paid much more than is reported

yet all we ever hear is fighters complaining about pay

I think back in the day if you were going to pursue the belt in another division you would naturally relinquish your currently held belt or get stripped. The whole belt-hostage division-blocking fashion started with Conor and should have died when Conor did nothing for 500+ days.
No it didn't. Penn did the same thing years earlier.

Every MMA fighter pre USADA has taken a supplement that's on the current banned list.
Did you see the size of Vitor in that video, it's beyond supplements. They were all on steroids and whatever else they could put in their body. How trustworthy is USADA? How trustworthy is Dana/UFC? It all comes back to what Nate said.

He's the reason I follow this sport, dude is one of my heroes from any walk of life, hands down my favorite fighter of all time

I think the best version of Randy would be a tough out for any HW fighter in the history of the sport, today or yesterday

Back