Why is Rampage such a HUGE Underdog?

Only one stayed champion for more than one defense.

Next point?

Overhyped fighters (in your opinion) can rise to the pinnacle in the UFC......means the UFC was inferior to Pride. The UFC's poster boy went to Pride and got destroyed.

I've seen him face Bader, got pushed around the entire bout.
He's not as good as people and the PRIDE think tank make him and several other fighters out to be.

You realize he missed weight and came in completely out of shape for that fight and it's the worst he's looked in any fight in years. You know he has been fighting in the UFC over 5 years right held the belt and has just of good of results in that time as any LHW except Jones and Shad. Those are the only 2 that have a record that wasn't a mixed bag. Shad is a product of favorable match making IMO.

All UFC fighters must suck except the champ and the guy people are hyping for the next shot according to Sherdog logic.

Rampage is getting older though and is def losing it but it doesn't mean he has never any good.

I think Rampage's style is perfect for this fight. I see Glover getting KO'd. I'm not a Rampage fan but that's just a fact. This is a perfect fight for him.

1) glover hype is very strong, as he has been dominant in both ufc fights. great boxing, good fighter

2) rampage didnt look motivated in his last fights. last fight in his contract, doesnt want to be in the ufc. doesnt care about the fight.

3) stylistically, glover has the fighting style to beat rampage. grappling, muy thai.

i think, if anything, money should go on rampage at those odds, but its a no play for me anyhow.

Does rampage want to loose on his last ever fight for the ufc and potentially retirement fight ?

Oddsmakers don't take fan dreams of an "in shape and motivated" rampage into consideration. He's an inconsistent fighter who's expressed desire to have this be his last fight and his last 4 fights have been underwhelming.

This in spades.

Rampage hasn't looked good in a long time. Glover is coming off of a couple of dominant performances, and it's to be expected that the lines would move in his direction.

It's easy to be motivated for a title fight though. But he didn't even deserve that TS because he lost to Machida

You might wanna double check that, last time i looked he holds a victory over Machida

because rampage looked bad against bader.

Only one stayed champion for more than one defense.

Next point?

You don't have to love Pride to be an mma fan but cmon lets be serious... just look at 2 of your fave fighters... Lesnar TKO'd by Overeem in the 1st round, Chuck got mauled by Shogun and outclassed by Rampage in Pride. All of em are old Pride guys. Sure they're getting old but doesn't mean they were overrated...

Ramapge by KO is a good bet. Teixeira comes forward, leaves himself open and lacks an iron chin. He is, in many respects, tailor made for Rampage.

As of now Rampage is +240 in his fight vs Glover
I just dont see why that is besides they think he will show up out of shape like he did in his fight with Bader.
Rampage has solid TDD and his Boxing is some of the best in the LHW div.
I dont see Glover being able to dominate Rampage like he did against Fabio with the stand up or on the ground.
Glover had Fabio hurt bad towards the end of Round 1 and Glover was throwing sloppy and a hurt and just about out of it Fabio connected twice and had Glover hurt, if Rampage landed those shots on Glover he would have went down and maybe out.
If Rampage comes in shape and healthy i dont see why he does not win this fight, this is easily the best fighter Glover will face to date and not the same for Rampage.
We will see soon i guess.
Thoughts?

WAR RAMPAGE!

glover wll send page into retirement

Page lost to Bader...

Is Texeira going to be threatening with takedowns in the same way? Glover isn't going to overpower Rampage in the clinch (which is the only way he gets anyone down).

You might wanna double check that, last time i looked he holds a victory over Machida

Yeah and Hamill beat Jones and although it's a legitimate win, we all know who the REAL victor was.

Rampage just needs to hurry up and retire already along with BJ.

Probably because it's obvious that he just doesn't have the commitment anymore.

It's easy to be motivated for a title fight though. But he didn't even deserve that TS because he lost to Machida
oh I could of swore he beat machida ? Yep says right here on fight finder he won .

Rampage is old & maybe less motivated than he should be at times...BUT...the man has pride. He's no fool either. He knows that Glover has the weapons to embarrass him if he doesn't come prepared.

I also think he has a little extra motivation against the Brazilans due to the beatings he got in Pride. That gives me confidence that he'll be more than ready for Glover.

I think he'll take a UD over Glover by stuffing his takedowns & knocking him down at least a few times.

Back