Why is Rampage such a HUGE Underdog?

He was in shape when he fought Jones for the belt.

Yep, the best shape he showed in years.

I can't see why he'd make the same effort for a non title/eliminator fight.

I might be wrong, because the unpredictility of every sport is what makes them cool to watch.

But I can understand very well why people think he is done for.

Rampage lost to Forrest and barely beat Jardine... enough said. The guy's last impressive performance was against Hendo back in 2007.

I've seen him face Bader, got pushed around the entire bout.
He's not as good as people and the PRIDE think tank make him and several other fighters out to be.

piss off to the zuffa merchandise store you hater,

What is this stupid shit "he should have moved to HW"

Bader, Jones, Forrest and Chuck were all bigger than him

Fighting is 90% mental and Rampage appears to have lost his desire and confidence. Which means he has almost no chance.

Looking forward to Rampage's pre-funk retirement party....energy drinks and arrests...

Fighter Rampage = easy victory

Actor Rampage = probable loss.

We haven't seen Fighter Rampage in a while. No reason to expect we'll see him again anytime soon.

Truth is Rampage isn't a very good mixed martial artists, and I say that in the sense that the sport has changed, there is a lot of truth behind the cliched "new breed fighters" and the pure brawlers that can compete and stay relevant are on their way out. Rampage is a beast and had a better stay than most guys from the early years of MMA, but he didn't evolve with the sport.

Didn't know there was an "in-shape-Rampage", thought that was kind of Shogun's thing...

I've seen him face Bader, got pushed around the entire bout.
He's not as good as people and the PRIDE think tank make him and several other fighters out to be.

Yet the hyped ones fought in the UFC and became champions so what does that say about the UFC?

It's 2012 and almost 2013. Yes TS and everyone else here, you are getting old, dawg. :eek:

Because he hasn't had a good performance since 2008.

Rampage will beat glover, his style is perfect to do so, both will look to land big punches but rampage is much better defensively he will cover up when glover throws and counter him with bombs, neither guy is easy to finish with strikes so I got rampage via decision or possibly tko

I don't bet on mma but if I did this would be a good fight to bet on with rampage being sold as a big underdog

It is much more likely he comes in out of shape, he was completely owned by Bader, injury or not, and Glover is the hot new name. People touting Penn are prolly the same ones who had faith in Shogun and Penn...it is s different time.

Anyone want sig/av bet? I got Rampage.

lol, we just had this conversation the other day.

The odds are that way because oddsmakers know the fight game way better than you idiots. By all means though, put your cash down on Rampage because "all he has to do is land that one shot". More in their pocket.

Rample *could* win, because it's a fight and if you could successfully predict every single one of them you'd be a millionaire, but you can't. All you can do is give your best guess, and people who know their shit say Glover is going to win.

Really, the stupidity is monstrous among people that supposedly watch MMA.

He doesn't even like training and hates cardio. He said so in an interview not too long ago. The guy was awesome years ago but he has no motivation and hates the UFC aswell.

This will be his last UFC fight(That is, if he makes weight and doesn't get injured).

Back