Why is Rampage such a HUGE Underdog?

Johnny Drama

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As of now Rampage is +240 in his fight vs Glover
I just dont see why that is besides they think he will show up out of shape like he did in his fight with Bader.
Rampage has solid TDD and his Boxing is some of the best in the LHW div.
I dont see Glover being able to dominate Rampage like he did against Fabio with the stand up or on the ground.
Glover had Fabio hurt bad towards the end of Round 1 and Glover was throwing sloppy and a hurt and just about out of it Fabio connected twice and had Glover hurt, if Rampage landed those shots on Glover he would have went down and maybe out.
If Rampage comes in shape and healthy i dont see why he does not win this fight, this is easily the best fighter Glover will face to date and not the same for Rampage.
We will see soon i guess.
Thoughts?

WAR RAMPAGE!

Oddsmakers don't take fan dreams of an "in shape and motivated" rampage into consideration. He's an inconsistent fighter who's expressed desire to have this be his last fight and his last 4 fights have been underwhelming.

As of now Rampage is +240 in his fight vs Glover
I just dont see why that is besides they think he will show up out of shape like he did in his fight with Bader.
Rampage has solid TDD and his Boxing is some of the best in the LHW div.
I dont see Glover being able to dominate Rampage like he did against Fabio with the stand up or on the ground.
Glover had Fabio hurt bad towards the end of Round 1 and Glover was throwing sloppy and a hurt and just about out of it Fabio connected twice and had Glover hurt, if Rampage landed those shots on Glover he would have went down and maybe out.
If Rampage comes in shape and healthy i dont see why he does not win this fight, this is easily the best fighter Glover will face to date and not the same for Rampage.
We will see soon i guess.
Thoughts?

WAR RAMPAGE!

Because Page hasn't been motivated for a fight in years

People have bought into Glover's hype. If Rampage shows up in shape, Glover is going down.

Might throw a little bit of money on Rampage with those odds, but these days, you never know anymore how Rampage is going to perform.

Might throw a little bit of money on Rampage with those odds, but these days, you never know anymore how Rampage is going to perform.

You will be wasting your money

That's just it, when has Page been in shape as of late? Should be an awesome fight either way.

Idk man, I just see all those idols of mine getting old and losing. Rampage probably will get smacked badly by a hungrier Glover

After Shogun lost to that swede, Idk what to think. Hope I am right, Glover deserves some success and Rampage has already had a lot of it

He's a glorified gatekeeper that should've went to HW a long, long time ago.

Glorified Gatekeeper?
WOW you must have just started watching this sport.
His last fight he was injured and the fight before he went 4 rounds with Jon Jones and was in good shape.
As far as move to HW you are crazy and know nothing.

People have bought into Glover's hype. If Rampage shows up in shape, Glover is going down.

People are hyping up Glover because they think he will beat Rampage? :S

He's a big underdog because hes looked like shit since the fight with Rashad.

Rampage could very well take this. But if g
Over puts him on his back it could get ugly. He taps out whenever elbows are involved.

Rampage is a huge underdog because he is a shot fighter who has no real chance of winning the fight outside of a "lucky punch", which isn't going to happen.

Odds are created based off of where the fighters are at currently, not nostalgia.

Rampage being "in shape" won't change shit when all he does is plod around throwing telegraphed punches. He's beyond done.

He was in shape when he fought Jones for the belt.

Honestly it was hard to tell because he didn't do anything in that fight. He said he was in shape, but who can tell anymore.

I also believe that even if Page shows up in shape as he was for Jones, Glover still beats him.

Glorified Gatekeeper?
WOW you must have just started watching this sport.
His last fight he was injured and the fight before he went 4 rounds with Jon Jones and was in good shape.
As far as move to HW you are crazy and know nothing.

I've seen him face Bader, got pushed around the entire bout.
He's not as good as people and the PRIDE think tank make him and several other fighters out to be.

Back