Why is PFL failing?

Here's why pfl is failing:I never watch antenna tv nor are the fights uploaded on torrents. Never heard of it either.
You must not be very internet savvy. The tracker I use has every PFL card. Not that you would need it anyway with the pre-fight shows, full cards and post-fight shows being available online for free in high quality in two different languages.

- no advertising at all
- the sport in general is on a stars and scrubs model and all the stars fight in the ufc
- its a 2nd/3rd tier promotion in an already niche sport

i love the idea of doing regular season and playoffs like real sports do. hopefully that gains traction in bigger promotions and their better fighters like andre harrison get called up to the bigs.

I think there's been lots of great fights and finishes. But we haven't even gotten to the crux of the PFL, where guys will be fighting twice in one night, and then the big million dollar shows. Right now we're just in the regular season, building some new names like Kevin Tiller and Ray Cooper, working our way to having a bracket. It's been damn fun for me. I think the August 16th show looks good.

Perhaps my problem is that I've been mostly watching their heavyweight matches. Which underscores the problem with focusing on that division.

Perhaps my problem is that I've been mostly watching their heavyweight matches. Which underscores the problem with focusing on that division.
Kevin Tiller though. And this...

giphy.gif

But really, you don't think even the heavyweights have had a couple good moments?

--

Kevin Tiller though. And this...

giphy.gif

But really, you don't think even the heavyweights have had a couple good moments?

--

To be fair, I'm not impressed by what I see of heavyweights in either the UFC or Bellator, although PFL's heavyweight are a class or two below even that.

I haven't seen Kevin Tiller's two fights yet, although I've seen plenty of his two opponents, Jared Rosholt and Caio Alencar, in the PFL.

To be fair, I'm not impressed by what I see of heavyweights in either the UFC or Bellator, although PFL's heavyweight are a class or two below even that.

I haven't seen Kevin Tiller's two fights yet, although I've seen plenty of his two opponents, Jared Rosholt and Caio Alencar, in the PFL.
Can't believe I'm about to recommend a Jared Rosholt fight, but check out him vs. Kevin Tiller if you get a chance.

I understand your point about not being impressed with heavyweights, but Tiller is probably the most interesting to come out of the PFL pack.

When you are behind Bellator you got a rough road ahead

When you are behind Bellator you got a rough road ahead

And Bellator just signed that streaming deal.... they got money? Great. They're going to lose fans. It could get interesting now with the new PFL investors....

I'm not subscribing to DAZN..... but PFL is just a remote-click away.

Kevin Hart and Tony Robbins huh? I feel like PFL is off to a great start tbh. has a decent roster and huge investors.
I will try to catch their next event live to see what it's all about. The idea is very cool really.

Kevin Hart and Tony Robbins huh? I feel like PFL is off to a great start tbh. has a decent roster and huge investors.
I will try to catch their next event live to see what it's all about. The idea is very cool really.
Next event is a good introduction to PFL cause some solid names will need to perform in order to secure a playoff spot, like Jake Shields, Khabib's cousin, and Rick Story. The concept will be in full swing.

Next event is a good introduction to PFL cause some solid names will need to perform in order to secure a playoff spot, like Jake Shields, Khabib's cousin, and Rick Story. The concept will be in full swing.

I just looked up the card: story, shields, Howard, gordon etc all on the prelims. I'm not saying that any of those guys are must see tv but I literally don't know anyone on the main card. They're buying ex UFC fighters, at least feature them smh

You must not be very internet savvy. The tracker I use has every PFL card. Not that you would need it anyway with the pre-fight shows, full cards and post-fight shows being available online for free in high quality in two different languages.

Just bc you can access it doesn't mean it's worth watching. I could be wrong but I think the point he's making is you have to go out of your way to find them and they're not big enough to demand attention

And Bellator just signed that streaming deal.... they got money? Great. They're going to lose fans. It could get interesting now with the new PFL investors....

I'm not subscribing to DAZN..... but PFL is just a remote-click away.

Yes but wouldnt each person watching on DAZN be worth significantly more than each person watching on Paramount since DAZN is a premium channel?

Tv deal, low marketing budget seems like all their monies going towards the winners. Hopefully the playoffs drum up some buzz not sure though all the winners might be named most Americans can’t pronounce.

I see potential if they can get some bigger names in season 2. I think they should host it once every couple of years though. The format is interesting but guys that have no wins can technaiclly make the playoffs and win.

I haven't watched WSOF since Arlovski fought Rumble. Maybe one other card or two, but that one is the one that stood out as something I wanted to watch when it originally aired.

This new concept reminds me of the IFL in a way, trying to differentiate themselves with their team concept. Instead, you have this prize money gimmick. Nobody is going to follow any of this million dollar prize stuff. A million bucks isn't even a lot of money anymore. There needs to be storylines/personalities aside from any sort of tournament format.

With these new connections is this organization going to get any third party media coverage?? That's kind of really important.

American viewers mostly care about American fighters. Sign those guys to contracts and people others have heard about in some way shape or form. Fighters from other countries are flyers until they emerge as something more. Don't sign boring fighters -- who everyone knew were boring fighters and no other org wanted to sign because of it --- or build your organization around them (which is what WSOF did). The old guard couldn't even market Palhares correctly. All they had to do is say he was too dangerous for the UFC.

But I guess this UFC stealth organization (are they still??) wouldn't market against the UFC or even leverage in any way, shape or form.

I

Back