Why is PFL failing?

Some people really like to complain. How could you not find it? The Facebook videos are free, high quality and archived for anyone to watch in full including the pre & post-fight show if it's not convenient to watch live. https://www.facebook.com/PFLmmaLive/
Eh now he knows. The replays can be difficult to find even if you know they're on facebook somewhere.

Stream quality has been smooth though so I'd say if you're constantly buffering it's just your connection, browser, or computer.

No MMA organization is a hit from day 1. They are only 4 cards in. If they were hedging their bets on quick success, they are destined for failure.

Cards have been good but they are on a lower sports network, on Thurs nights and are number 3 org in US in a market thats already saturated with UFC content that Bellator struggles to gain relevance. They really dont have a chance to succeed.

Sounds like you have a point

Would be better to make Europe vs North America and one of the events will take place in Italy or UK

Nobody in Las Vegas cares about a Russian and a German to fight each other

UFC on Fox just had its lowest rating ever yesterday. It's just a general problem.

Wait you can watch replays of the main event the next day on Facebook? Even Americans?
Yes, it worked for me, try for yourself. I don't know if they put it up as fast as the very next day, but all four full PFL cards are there now. You can watch the prelims or NBC SN card in either English or Spanish, take your pick.

Kayla Harrison could boost ratings if she keeps winning. I don’t think she’s the second coming of Rousey but she could build a solid fan base.

This thirsdTh was the first one I even saw. Doesn't matter how good the product is if ppl aren't aware of it. Being in the mid 100 channels on a thursday with a roster full of guys that never really made an impact in the UFC doesn't demand attention

I wrote this in response to a Sherdog article that hyped up the PFL;

"It would be great if another major fighting organization would succeed in the US, and I appreciate writer Pressley Nietering's zeal, but I don't see the appeal of the organization, and doubt they will find success. To address the specific points in the article above, and note a few other problems;

1. Kayla Harrison has an outstanding pedigree, is very likable, and may become a really great champion...but she likely won't ever become a big star.

As with the men, (Demetrius Johnson and Robert Whittaker, among others) and many women (Amanda Nunes, Thug Rose), simply being a great champion, if Harrison gets there, isn't enough to attract eyeballs.

The three big stars of women's MMA then and now, Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, and Cris Cyborg, all had other things going for them, whether it was their looks, personality, mainstream/Hollywood media attention (which Harrison is unlikely to get), and vicious knockouts (Cyborg) or insanely quick victories (Rousey).

2. A meritocracy is nice from an ethical standpoint, but how does it buoy up interest in the product? Jake Shields is a big name, and he was just destroyed by an unheralded young guy in a fight with little build.

To me, this is a weakness, not a strength.

Look at what Bellator has done. Do they feed their own 40 year-old legends like Wanderlei, Rampage, and Chael to an athletic, ambitious, improving 20-something to get beaten by?

No. They have a kind of senior circuit for these guys to fight themselves, and retain their name and appeal.

OCCASIONALLY they will stray from this formula in order to build up a deserving young guy (like when Tito fought and lost to Liam McGeary), but it's not something they do lightly. PFL doesn't care, and that's a mistake.

3. They have too much of an emphasis on heavyweights. Outside of the very, very top, heavyweights suck and have always sucked during MMA's history compared to all the lower weight classes.

You're not inspiring anyone to watch PFL when you show two guys in their mid 30s with beer guts and skills worse than a 8-7 journeyman at lightweight throwing lazy, inaccurate haymakers before gassing out halfway through the second round.

One aspect I DO agree is a positive is that PFL has less dead time than the UFC or Bellator between fights. Hate that.

PFL's league format and rules and their roster and the drama of it as well as the production values are awesome. It's my second favorite promotion to watch after the UFC lately. I know that commerce and ratings matter of course, but on a personal level I really don't care if a bunch of casuals won't get into it because there are no huge stars in it or a bunch of rubes won't be aware of it because they don't advertise on Bar Rescue or the many yokels even here on Sherdog who apparently are too lazy or stupid to figure out how to watch it on Facebook for free. If you're not enjoying it you're not an MMA fan and your opinion as a wannabe television executive is irrelevant anyway.

I'm not American so this is my perspective:
- Cards on thursdays make me unwatchable online (time difference)
- Not a decent stream to watch it, streamers don't even care to get it
- No replays at the next day on Youtube or any website like other orgs do

Fighters and format really interested me
Do you have FACEBOOK in your country? And can you download the NBC SPORTS APP in your country? Because that would take care of your problems. You can watch it at your convenience without knowing the results and for all intents and purposes, it will be live to you.

PFL's league format and rules and their roster and the drama of it as well as the production values are awesome. It's my second favorite promotion to watch after the UFC lately. I know that commerce and ratings matter of course, but on a personal level I really don't care if a bunch of casuals won't get into it because there are no huge stars in it or a bunch of rubes won't be aware of it because they don't advertise on Bar Rescue or the many yokels even here on Sherdog who apparently are too lazy or stupid to figure out how to watch it on Facebook for free. If you're not enjoying it you're not an MMA fan and your opinion as a wannabe television executive is irrelevant anyway.
Wow someone has a lot of pent up frustration I see. Yanked one out lately ?

You should. Maybe you’ll tread more lightly if you do.

Here's why pfl is failing:I never watch antenna tv nor are the fights uploaded on torrents. Never heard of it either.

This is a great attitude for a MMA organization to go bankrupt quickly. Unless you're personally bankrolling PFL, the fandom of "JimGunn" means far less than the thousands of "yokes" and "rubes" you thumb your nose at.

Incidentally, I have watched a fair number of PFL fights. There is nothing special or particularly exciting about the organization and their fighters, and I have no desire to watch their cards in person.

This is in stark contrast to the UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce, and PRIDE when they had their America shows, all of which I have went to.

Incidentally, I have watched a fair number of PFL fights. There is nothing special or particularly exciting about the organization and their fighters, and I have no desire to watch their cards in person.

I think there's been lots of great fights and finishes. But we haven't even gotten to the crux of the PFL, where guys will be fighting twice in one night, and then the big million dollar shows. Right now we're just in the regular season, building some new names like Kevin Tiller and Ray Cooper, working our way to having a bracket. It's been damn fun for me. I think the August 16th show looks good.

Back