Why is One so good?

ONE is definitely way better than Bellator I just wish Chatri wasn't such an absolute cunt and also that fat australian commentator fuckin sucks

What a joke. As much as I like to hate on Bellator they're ten times more of a legit mma organization than ONE.

Are we talking about the same company that regularly hosts events with 5 fights total and the fighters are regional nobodies who are just kickboxers/mauy thai fighters?

They're the laughing stock of the mma world.

What a joke. As much as I like to hate on Bellator they're ten times more of a legit mma organization than ONE.

Are we talking about the same company that regularly hosts events with 5 fights total and the fighters are regional nobodies who are just kickboxers/mauy thai fighters?

They're the laughing stock of the mma world.

Calm down with the hyperbole. ONE has the 4th best MMA roster in the planet, arguably 3rd above ACA. If we consider their KB/MT roster, ONE is easily the 2nd best combat sports promotion in the world, only behind UFC.

I remember Bellator tried to mix MMA and Kickboxing bouts under their banner...that was indeed a laughing stock

Calm down with the hyperbole. ONE has the 4th best MMA roster in the planet, arguably 3rd above ACA. If we consider their KB/MT roster, ONE is easily the 2nd best combat sports promotion in the world, only behind UFC.

I remember Bellator tried to mix MMA and Kickboxing bouts under their banner...that was indeed a laughing stock

Nothing in that post was hyperbole. The vast majority of ONE events are like I said, 5 fights total and 3/4 of the fighters outside the main event are regional nobodies.

Bellator which is a shell of it's former self under Coker puts out better cards in the Covid era. They fill their prelims with nobody regional fighters like ONE but at least try to put together a real main card.

Another big ONE card tomorrow morning... 5 fights total, 3 are mma

Koyomi Matsushima (12-4-0) vs. Garry Tonon (5-0-0)
Bokang Masunyane (7-0-0) vs. Rene Catalan (6-3-0)
Ritu Phogat (3-0-0) vs. Jomary Torres (4-4-0)

What an absolute powerhouse of an mma organization. Any word if Mighty Mouse will even fight for them again?

Nothing in that post was hyperbole. The vast majority of ONE events are like I said, 5 fights total and 3/4 of the fighters outside the main event are regional nobodies.

Bellator which is a shell of it's former self under Coker puts out better cards in the Covid era. They fill their prelims with nobody regional fighters like ONE but at least try to put together a real main card.

You keep comparing it with Bellator which is the clear-cut #2 in the world to make ONE look bad.

Yeah, let's compare it with any other and see who is "the laughing stock of the mma world"....calm down with the hyperbole, dude.

Sometimes, ONE puts on card appealing to a local audience, often more interested on high-level KB/MT match ups than MMA.

It's their business model, I dont have to be interested on every single card they put on. If they still put toguether stacked cards - by non-UFC standars - with some frequency that's cool for me. The event they did last year in Tokyo was excellent btw.

Not long ago, ONE put an event featuring Abbasov, Nastyukin and Wakamatsu. That's pretty high level by out-of-UFC standards in Covid era.

Btw, if you don't appreciate elite KB/MT is on you. You can't expect a single banner to gather the elite of three different combat sports on a regular basis...or otherwise they are a "laughing stock"

Another big ONE card tomorrow morning... 5 fights total, 3 are mma

Koyomi Matsushima (12-4-0) vs. Garry Tonon (5-0-0)
Bokang Masunyane (7-0-0) vs. Rene Catalan (6-3-0)
Ritu Phogat (3-0-0) vs. Jomary Torres (4-4-0)

What an absolute powerhouse of an mma organization. Any word if Mighty Mouse will even fight for them again?
With no fans in the arena, why would you bother having a 12 fight card?

These cards are now made almost exclusively for a tv/streaming audience, that's why they are shorter and happening more regularly.

With no fans in the arena, why would you bother having a 12 fight card?

These cards are now made almost exclusively for a tv/streaming audience, that's why they are shorter and happening more regularly.
Everything they’re doing right now is to make things easier logistically during the COVID restrictions, which much like everything else in Singapore, is stricter than most places. Bring a bunch of fighters in at once, filming a bunch of fights, and spreading them out across several broadcasts. The last broadcast”s fights sucked, but the others have been good.

Their bias towards Evolve fighters irritate me the most.

I think they are focusing moreon Muay Thai now because of the Covid situation.

My question is where is all this money being spent every year????
tenor.gif

12/11 11p HI time on TNT DVR desc says Garry Tonon's bout.

Almost forgot to check if they were still showing delayed on TNT cable TV.

Here's what I love about ONE. It's easily accessible and isn't housed behind multiple paywalls. Anyone can access it easily. The next day or two even more easily. Without having to pay for a subscription to this that or the other thing.

I've got my own opinions (I enjoy many of the fights) - but this is the overriding reason I enjoy watching whenever I can.

The only way ONE championship can be sustainable in the future is to focus on Kickboxing and muay thai in lower weightclasses.

My theory is that the investors will pay less taxes in Singapore. That is why we see the same parttern in Abu Dhabi.

Chatri is only in this business to make a name and trying to scam people.

What happened with ONE e-sports by the way? What happened with their video game? What happened with Angela Lees career? So much questions.

UFC grows because their clients can affors to pay 50$ for PPV, the fighters do dopingtests, their roster is stacked and in elite level.

Brandon Vera is 43 years old ex ufc fighters in and he lost to a middleweight!!!

I assumed (probably wrongly) that ONE events were only free on YouTube to the UK / US viewers. I also thought it was just a temp thing during COVID times.

I've been enjoying watching the events they have on. It gets me through my work shift some Friday mornings, but I'm not overly keen on the kickboxing bouts.

You all have to remember that UFC is a worldwide phenomenon, not just a huge promotion in Asian country’s like One is. While I do enjoy they’re KB, Muay Thai and MMA bouts they’re not on the same level as UFC or Rizin. I’d say they’re equal to Bellator if not better cause they’re commentators are way better than Josh and big john plus they encourage you to go for a finish like the old pride days instead of lay and pray like Bellator strives for some reason.
The only promotions I would consider major worldwide promotions are UFC & Bellator. One, Rizin, KSW ect... are all regional MMA. Sure there is good talent scattered across the globe but really only two big league promotions.

Back