Why is One so good?

I was allomst thinking the same not long ago...

You can watch allmost everything they have on their youtube channel...
I think its great!

UFC posts a single fight for their upcoming Main Event to hype their fighters...
ONE just puts out a 2 hrs video with the best fights or knockouts or subs with the fighters that are headlining the upcoming card...

You dont have to pay a single dime to see all their content...

Their MMA fighters are not on the same level as the UFC fighters (in terms of MMA)...
But i think they have a better rule set...
Better judging criteria...
Better commentators...Mitch grew a lot on me, i didnt like him at all in the beginning! This guy is just 100% hyped for everything. He also fought in ONE and got finished in highlight reel fashion pretty much everytime...
I think Schiavello is the best guy for stand up fights out there. Him and the english guy who does Yokkao...

Top notch Muay Thai in MMA Gloves...
Kickboxing...

You all have to remember that UFC is a worldwide phenomenon, not just a huge promotion in Asian country’s like One is. While I do enjoy they’re KB, Muay Thai and MMA bouts they’re not on the same level as UFC or Rizin. I’d say they’re equal to Bellator if not better cause they’re commentators are way better than Josh and big john plus they encourage you to go for a finish like the old pride days instead of lay and pray like Bellator strives for some reason.

I think ONE has a goal of succeeding with ad revenue and partners. They (rightly imo) think it's better for them to at least have some people watching and raise their profile rather than follow the Rizin method of charging $50 and have maybe a couple of hundred people watch their show.

EDIT - All that only applies to Western markets, btw.

They fake views and comments too

upload_2020-11-14_21-0-59.png

Tubular Labs is doing groundbreaking and industry standard defining work. Not making up numbers for ONE.

Group Nine, Vice, BuzzFeed, ViacomCBS, Discovery are early adopters on their TAR as well. I guess their ratings should show Bellator up higher than it is if the fix is in

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-14_20-58-34.png
    upload_2020-11-14_20-58-34.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 814429

Tubular Labs is doing groundbreaking and industry standard defining work. Not making up numbers for ONE.

Group Nine, Vice, BuzzFeed, ViacomCBS, Discovery are early adopters on their TAR as well. I guess their ratings should show Bellator up higher than it is if the fix is in

dude, one's views are hilariously and notoriously blown up via bots.

as are their comments.

View attachment 814429

Those stats said that ONE championship is more popular than the premier league.

That's absolutely fucking absurd.

Well it's pretty simple.............

The UFC is making 500+ million around the world in media deals yearly and only growing. ONE lost over 80 million in 2018(over double from 2017) and the revenue is less than 40 million worldwide in 2018 and that number was over double from 2017 (not good to over double your revenue and over double your loses in the same year, especially when the infrastructure is already built).

Simply put the UFC media is worth money to media outlets and ONE will take any nickel they can get for their media and that is why it's free out there. It won't be free in US if NBC was willing to pay ONE 50 million a year for their content. But if your not willing to take a stand on the value of your media no one else will either. I think the system of hoping ad/sponsorship revenue will support a MMA org with the goals of ONE is completely flawed. Currently to even turn a profit they need to over double that ad/sponsorship revenue they currently get. That is tough to do when your dealing with thousands paying in cents(not even guaranteed) when in comparison the UFC in the media outlet side only has dozens(media outlets,guaranteed money) to worry about. Anything the UFC gets from youtube type sites(which they have 10+ million subscribers on youtube) is nothing more than icing on the cake in the big picture.

Because of this, is why ONE seems to have a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to what is going on with the real viewerships of things like youtube videos or events when people look into it. Based solely on what has been reported on ONE finances I don't see how these very successful companies continue to invest money in to ONE. Tells me something fishy is going on and probably has something to do with the tax code over in that part of the world or ONE has one f'n hell of a sales pitch and these new found multi millionaires and billionaires in that part of the world maybe aren't that smart or just want to flaunt they own part of MMA org, idk. But from a pure business standpoint it doesn't make sense to stick 70 million into a company that has continually lost tens of millions yearly and many years doubled its debt yearly and is far outpacing the positive revenue coming in yearly and this has been going on for 10 years. Absolutely mind boggling with the information we have available.

But if your not willing to take a stand on the value of your media no one else will either. I think the system of hoping ad/sponsorship revenue will support a MMA org with the goals of ONE is completely flawed.

Here is my question : What do you think about the future of One FC for the next 4 years ? Is it going to keep growing ? The asian scene is only growing better.

Here is my question : What do you think about the future of One FC for the next 4 years ? Is it going to keep growing ? The asian scene is only growing better.

I think they'll be around but at some point the bleeding the has to stop. Like I said I don't see what these investors see based on the very simple information we know about the finances. But if they keep getting investors giving them millions they can be around forever.

As far as growth, I don't see it. Maybe they'll make some more in roads in the Asia scene. But I'm not sure if it will equate $$$$$$ they desperately need. Personally, for the product they put out with the fighters they have it seems to me that org could operate on about 30-35 million year and be profitable, yet at they are losing almost 70 million. It is a long ways off of being self sustainable and based on the numbers we have they'd need revenue to be about 75 million to even have a shot at making a profit. I just don't see a 75 million dollar product being put out with ONE in the last few years. I highly doubt they even have 20 fighters that make more than 50K a fight. At least you can see where some orgs are in debt based on the roster when they fold. My question is where is all this money being spent every year????

Last edited:
Those stats said that ONE championship is more popular than the premier league.

That's absolutely fucking absurd.
True. You probably need to put together all UFCs events of the month to match the viewership of a single Liverpool or Manchester City game. To think that any MMA promotion is even remotely close to popularity or viewership to the Premier League is ridiculous.

What I dislike about One is that many times there is a fight on the channel, be it is unavailable if you click it. Weird.

Not sold on one tbh. I like Murad Ramazanov though. Total beast.

Well Rizin has kind of forced me over to One with their new prices. Signing Demetrious Johnson was a big selling point too.

The UFC is making 500+ million around the world in media deals yearly and only growing. ONE lost over 80 million in 2018(over double from 2017) and the revenue is less than 40 million worldwide in 2018 and that number was over double from 2017 (not good to over double your revenue and over double your loses in the same year, especially when the infrastructure is already built).

Simply put the UFC media is worth money to media outlets and ONE will take any nickel they can get for their media and that is why it's free out there. It won't be free in US if NBC was willing to pay ONE 50 million a year for their content. But if your not willing to take a stand on the value of your media no one else will either. I think the system of hoping ad/sponsorship revenue will support a MMA org with the goals of ONE is completely flawed. Currently to even turn a profit they need to over double that ad/sponsorship revenue they currently get. That is tough to do when your dealing with thousands paying in cents(not even guaranteed) when in comparison the UFC in the media outlet side only has dozens(media outlets,guaranteed money) to worry about. Anything the UFC gets from youtube type sites(which they have 10+ million subscribers on youtube) is nothing more than icing on the cake in the big picture.

Because of this, is why ONE seems to have a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to what is going on with the real viewerships of things like youtube videos or events when people look into it. Based solely on what has been reported on ONE finances I don't see how these very successful companies continue to invest money in to ONE. Tells me something fishy is going on and probably has something to do with the tax code over in that part of the world or ONE has one f'n hell of a sales pitch and these new found multi millionaires and billionaires in that part of the world maybe aren't that smart or just want to flaunt they own part of MMA org, idk. But from a pure business standpoint it doesn't make sense to stick 70 million into a company that has continually lost tens of millions yearly and many years doubled its debt yearly and is far outpacing the positive revenue coming in yearly and this has been going on for 10 years. Absolutely mind boggling with the information we have available.
Have to admit that I did not read a single word

ONE is definitely way better than Bellator I just wish Chatri wasn't such an absolute cunt and also that fat australian commentator fuckin sucks

How much money oes ONE have? Maybe they should buy some smaller organizations

Define Good? ONE is okay... for the North American viewer I try and catch their shows, but a lot of what they say is clearly bs. I do hate when guys like Lineker sign there instantly kills a lot of interest in them.

instead of lay and pray like Bellator strives for some reason.
Who are you talking about here? Outside of HW, all of their champs are strikers. I can’t actually think of any LnP artists being pushed.

Back