Why is Nobody Talking About This Robbery!?!?!?!?!?

It was definitely a bad decision, but tbh, if you are having competitive fights with Shogun at this point, that should be a loss in itself

CoBcI.gif

Because it's mid December and currently neither fighter are really on anyone's mind for discussion?

It was very close but Anderson just did a lot of stalling and holding. I think years ago Anderson would have won the decision but judges finally got over that period where wrestling, takedowns and wall and stall ALWAYS won fights. Now they seem to appreciate damage, activity and at least trying to make it a fight much more.

I too thought Corey won & brought this up during his last fight in the PBP thread. Not sure i'd call it a robbery though. Wasn't that bad.

Why is nobody talking about that shitty forgettable fight from a long time ago that is completely irrelevant between two non-contenders?

No robbery at all, a robbery is when one fighter totally dominates the other for every round and the judges give it the other way. The Shogun/Corey fight was very very close, could have gone either way and probably in reality was a draw. But no robbery.

May 14th. UFC 198. Curitiba, Brazil.

Shogun Rua gets dominated and performs a straight ROBBERY on Beastin 25/8 and not one peep was heard from the MMA community, just because it was their golden boy. Or maybe because they tried to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened at all?

This is just another instance of the blatant corruption that runs so very deep through Brazilian MMA.

Shogun once again shows his unsportsmanlike conduct and the judges should probably never judge a fight again.
Another poster that doest understand what a "robbery" is

castanza-walkout-o.gif

I'll leave you all to discuss this robbery, carry on....

Back