Why is Nobody Talking About This Robbery!?!?!?!?!?

TheTimeIsNotNow

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
May 14th. UFC 198. Curitiba, Brazil.

Shogun Rua gets dominated and performs a straight ROBBERY on Beastin 25/8 and not one peep was heard from the MMA community, just because it was their golden boy. Or maybe because they tried to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened at all?

This is just another instance of the blatant corruption that runs so very deep through Brazilian MMA.

Shogun once again shows his unsportsmanlike conduct and the judges should probably never judge a fight again.

What?

Shogun knocked down Stallin' 25/8 twice and won 2 rounds while the younger prime fighter tried to ruin the fight by stalling. Great decision.

This is just another instance of the blatant corruption that runs so very deep through Brazilian MMA.

This is just a myth, there is zero proof of a constant favoritism in Brazil.

Anyway, the fight was close and Anderson got dropped in close rounds. Lots of media scored it 29-28 for him, but nobody was really shocked by the split decision.

Meh. I try to keep Shogun fanboys in check myself, but didn't see anything wrong with that decision.

No one cares about iffy decisions if the loser followed the snuggling gameplan.

I remember Anderson getting dropped twice and then basically not fight and do everything he could not to lose vs try to win. That deserves a loss. If he would've won I would've been so pissed

It was definitely a bad decision, but tbh, if you are having competitive fights with Shogun at this point, that should be a loss in itself

anybody who thinks stalling matters more than knockdowns is an idiot. if you got knocked down due to strikes, the only way for you to win the win round is you beat the crap outta the guy or you knocked him down yourself.

Easy OP. You're talking about Shogun on sherdog! Better watch your words lol. They'll kill you over this.

Is this guy saying that there was a fight that we all forgot to complain about? I am going to go look into this. Hold steady guys, I'll be back in a bit.

Split decisions...coulda gone his way so def not a robbery

Split decisions...coulda gone his way so def not a robbery

bro, youre talking about a forum where the majority of people score fights split decisions and think a SD is when one judge scores a fight 2-1 for one fighter.

I had Anderson winning but I was fine with Shogun getting the nod. But why relitigate this? It was seven months ago.

Back