Why is Njokuani fighting such low level opponent?

He's not low level, he's middle of the UFC LW pack.

He doesn't do great against wrestlers or submission guys, so the best thing to do with him is give him someone who is going to stand with him.

Yeah middle of the pack works. To me he's one of those guys whose consistent in his inconsistency. It's amazing to think the guy lost to Maciej Jewtuszko and was competing in a really close fight with Edson Barboza less than a year later.

Because Anthony Njokuani is a low level fighter himself

No he is not. I'd say he is a middle of the pack fighter. Most of his losses were really close and some people felt he won those fights(i think he won against Castillo and i think his fight with Barboza should've been a draw or a 29-28 for him, because Barboza didn't won the third round imo) and in his fight with RDA he broke his hand early in the fight. I really hope he wins and can finally get a winning streak in the UFC because he is a lot better than his record suggests.

He's an exciting striker who has shown he has a ceiling - he's maybe Top 15, but no higher. I'm sorta curious as to whether his brother will come over to Zuffa. As far as Anthony fighting Pichel, I think that Silva/Shelby is following the "styles make fights" mantra - these guys are aggressive strikers, and should make for a good fight.

Because Anthony Njokuani is a low level fighter himself

I like Anthony. But I also know his limits. First, his grappling sucks. Second, he's a striker, but he's not exactly phenomenal at it. So where does he fit? At the bottom tier of things.

I like Anthony. But I also know his limits. First, his grappling sucks. Second, he's a striker, but he's not exactly phenomenal at it. So where does he fit? At the bottom tier of things.

He is one of the best strikers in the UFC lightweight division...

Hes gonna run through Vinc(awful spelling btw) and then hopefully they book him vs Cruickshank asap.

He doesn't do great against wrestlers or submission guys, so the best thing to do with him is give him someone who is going to stand with him.

He's not even ranked

Because he's a 35 year old C or B level at best fighter who never improved his technique or skillset and is coming off a 13+ month layoff?

His striking is right up there with some of the most overrated in the entire sport.

giphy.gif

Back