Why is Njokuani fighting such low level opponent?

delrey

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He is fighting Vinc Pichel, the guy who got suplexed by Khabilov. Come on, Joe Silva...
He should get 15-10 ranked opponent. IMO, Njokuani TKOs Vinc in 1st round

You make it sound like Njo's on some type of run or something. Guy's been trading wins and losses for a while now.

Better than a LHW champion defending his belt against two unranked contenders in a row.

Amirite?

Have you seen what happens when he fights high level guys?

Because Anthony Njokuani is a low level fighter himself

this isn't a well thought out thread. NJO is a deadly striker but Pichel is a beast who comes forward. That makes for a good fight and a likely finish. also, pichel is like 30 or 31 and they need to build those guys like that a little quicker than the younger guys. and btw there's no shame by getting suplexed by a guy who's fighting ben henderson in the main event next month. he also had like a two year lay off before that fight.

He is fighting Vinc Pichel, the guy who got suplexed by Khabilov. Come on, Joe Silva...

Khabilov is fighting Ben Henderson. And Vinc has won a fight since.

Why the HELL should Anthony get a ranked opponent? 4-5 in his last 9. Makdessi is the one name on Anthony's resume that isn't a UFC castoff.

Yeah, let's give Anthony a top 15 opponent! How about Castillo. Ooh, wait...

How about Dos Anjos. Oh, that's right...

Barboza? Oh, he lost to him too? That's right.

I'd love to see a rematch with Edson Barboza. Njokuani got robbed imo

Khabilov is fighting Ben Henderson. And Vinc has won a fight since.

Why the HELL should Anthony get a ranked opponent? 4-5 in his last 9. Makdessi is the one name on Anthony's resume that isn't a UFC castoff.

Yeah, let's give Anthony a top 15 opponent! How about Castillo. Ooh, wait...

How about Dos Anjos. Oh, that's right...

Barboza? Oh, he lost to him too? That's right.

Have you seen any of those fights? Castillo and Barboza were both controversial decisions, and I believe he sustained an injury fairly early in to the RDA fight.

I don't agree that he needs to be fighting somebody at the top of the division but I think he's pretty clearly proven that he can at the very least be competitive with top level fighters.

Because he's always injured and lost some momentum from his great KO over Bowling.

Better than a LHW champion defending his belt against two unranked contenders in a row.

Amirite?

7113da3dec1a8579d19420d0fbdca1eb17cd0596f7124e5a079ddad2c5de3b06.jpg

he should fight Gina Carano, If Gina wins she can challenge the champ, Cain Velazquez.

Vinc Pichel only loss was to probably a top 5/7 fighter. This is the fight Njokuani needs, hopefully Vinc beats him

Given the long lay off and the fact that his last fight was against Roger Bowling, I see no reason to thrust Njokuani into a fight against a top flight guy.

How about because he is currently ranked number 76 in the world?

Knock outs. And maybe he can get put together his first 2 fight win streak in forever.

Because Anthony Njokuani is a low level fighter himself

He's not low level, he's middle of the UFC LW pack.

He doesn't do great against wrestlers or submission guys, so the best thing to do with him is give him someone who is going to stand with him.

Back