Why is Mendes fighting Lentz and not Swanson for a #1 spot?

look at Mendes opponents since he lost to Aldo

he's getting easy tracked to title shot...

Dudes keep ducking him. Hacran Dias, Manny Gamburyan, and Clay Guida all got injured before they were supposed to fight him. Clay owned up later and got TKO'd for his troubles.

The only gimme Chad was legitimately scheduled for was Cody McKenzie.

Mendes is killing off the grinders of the division. Elkins, Guida, and now Lentz...
Elkins was a short notice fight but I did get the same impression

I believe his first three opponents after the title shot were replacements for Guida. I know Elkins and the guy before(blanking right now but I know he's Asian and trains at the lab iirc) were replacements. I think the Elkins and Guida wins are pretty solid, especially since Guida had never been KOed and Elkins had quite a streak and showed a good chin in the Brandao fight. If he can KO Lentz that would be huge. A 5 fight KO streak with two over ranked opponents is about as good a steak as it gets.

Mendes is now Dana's hitman. You breach that top 10 list being a boring grinder, and Chad is going to break your face. That's the message.

Mendes is now Dana's hitman. You breach that top 10 list being a boring grinder, and Chad is going to break your face. That's the message.

looks like it actually :icon_lol:

I have a feeling Mendes would destroy Swanson.

Lentz is no joke. The kid can fight

Lentz is no joke. The kid can fight

Yeah, I don't get the hate for this match-up. Lentz has a quality win streak as featherweight and he is a good enough wrestler to not just get steamrolled by Mendes in that department. He even has that oh so important top 10 paper ranking that is all that Sherdog cares about.

It's a good fight.

haha love it, cant wait for the rematch with aldo, although im very keen how him and cub would end up

Are people still calling Lentz a boring grinder? lol Oh Sherdog.

Swanson camp wouldn't take a fight against Edgar when it was on the table wouldn't shock me if they don't want him to fight Mendes as well.

Lentz hasn't beaten anybody and Mendes has won his last four fights in stunning fashion and has beaten top fighters.

Who exactly has Mendes beat for everyone to be so excited about him ?
He beat Yaotzin Meza who was making his debut, he beat Cody McKenzie, Darren Elkins but Elkins had fought two weeks earlier. At least Lentz beat two solid fighters in Diego Nunes and Hacran Dias both in Brazil. Who knows why Cub did not get the Mendes fight but I think Lentz and Mendes is going to be a great fight.
I am putting my money on Lentz who should have great odds.

lol at people still calling Lentz a boring grinder.

It'd be a hell of a feat if Mendes manages to grab another KO here though.

I think People are forgeting that Lentz may have a big size advantage. This is a tough fight for Mendes. Lentz is a beast!

There's already 3 vying for a spot now and another will no doubt crop their head out in a fight or two. FW actually needs to kill a contender or two off.

this, we need to separate the pretenders from the contenders and get things going. there's too many people just floating about and complicating things

Back