why is max such a heavy favorite vs dustin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
Dustin is nothing compared to Holloway who is an all time great in his prime

Holloway is an unstoppable destroyer, while Poirier is pretty good ?
Gaethje looked unstoppable until he got TKO'd by Eddie and Dustin too ;)

Are any Dustin fans going to address this?
giphy.gif
are any Holloway fans gonna address his loss to Dennis Bermudez, Dustin and Conor? :p

Dustin going to be leaving that octagon with two black eyes. Max will win via decision, or doctor's stoppage/tko.

Free money this weekend

Dustin is paying

Only thing I ask is donate a little to charity
Your lord has spoken

I have no idea
Every time i look at this fight it ends with a Dustin finish, most likely Submission
Don’t sleep on the diamond

That's because you're an idiot that can't go more than a week without getting dubz.

Holloway is on another level right now. The main advantage I see is his speed. He just moves way faster and is longer fighter than Dustin. All this and the fact Dustin is unlikely to take Holloway down or neutralize him against the fence means Holloway should win. I mean end of the day Holloway has a great chin, takedown defense, length, speed.. hes just real tough for a guy that fights like Poirer to defeat but obviously its a fight and he has some power in his hands so it could happen.

imo Max having that belt is what is keeping him favored

if he wasn't champion, it would be pretty even odds

but who knows how the oddsmakers work .. ?

either way, will be a fun fight

just like kevin lee was walking into his first ufc fight 20 years old. lol.

Kevin Lee was 21 and had been wrestling since he was a kid. Max literally had no ground game. Nor has Kevin Lee shown the kind of development Max has throughout his career.

All you need to do is actually watch Max's fights instead of looking them up on Wikipedia. You don't go from barely beating Leonard Garcia to knocking out the GOAT featherweight twice without massive improvements. It's blatantly obvious he's a completely different fighter now.

I'm buying the narrative that Max moving to 155 makes him a physically enhanced version of himself. Maybe the jump in weight class also provides a psychological boost for him as well. He's not defending something he already has. He's chasing something that he wants again. Not surprised he opens and closes as the favorite.

never said he does. but hes susceptible to legs kick like they are.
Not really. Max doesn't move slowly forward like the Diaz brothers. Max is more active like a Carlos Condit

imo Max having that belt is what is keeping him favored

if he wasn't champion, it would be pretty even odds

but who knows how the oddsmakers work .. ?

either way, will be a fun fight
The oddsmakers don't know shit because MMA is so unpredictable. There was one UFC card 3 or 4 years ago that had 11 fights where every single underdog on the card won. Max -230 sounds about right though in this case. I just re-watched the Ortega fight and Max looks like a world beater right now. Recency bias maybe.

I favor Dustin in this fight, heavy enough hands and good enough boxing to give Max all the trouble in the world.

The oddsmakers don't know shit because MMA is so unpredictable. There was one UFC card 3 or 4 years ago that had 11 fights where every single underdog on the card won. Max -230 sounds about right though in this case. I just re-watched the Ortega fight and Max looks like a world beater right now. Recency bias maybe.
You can't use Ortega as a gauge for Max's performance against Dustin.

This is MMA either guy could win. To just flat out predict that Dustin wins by KO/TKO is fucking insanity at worst and hopeful at best. He may; but to call it like it's fact when Max hasn't even been dropped is just disrespectful. Shows you don't know a thing about this game.

It may happen; calling fact though. Dumb as fuck.

Dustin has proven to be a damn good fighter, but Holloway is truly elite. I don’t see dustin even winning a round honestly, he could clip him and win the fight of course but that goes without saying.

I have max via decision in a tough fight. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dustin win, though. I agree that it's closer than most people make it seem. Although, Max at LW is an X factor -- maybe instead of landing 7 significant strikes per minute he'll land 10. Maybe he'll have more power. who knows.

Back