Why is Machida getting title shots so easily?

I wouldn't say striking with Mousasi for 5 rounds is easy, but Jacare is def more deserving.

3069866acf.png

Machida is 5-0 in his last 7 fights ..
5-0 not 4-1 .. because Machida didn't loose this fight to Phil Davis .. anyone with a half functioning brain knows this was the biggest robbery of 2013 .

Thats more than enough

isn't it strange that Vitor will fight in the same day as weidman now?

Machida hater or scared Weidman fan?

Like others pointed out Weidman beat Munoz to get his title shot, but somehow the former LHW champ also beats Munoz but that doesn't count.

It's going to be a great fight. Just sit back and enjoy.

Saying this about Machida, I bet you're FURIOUS after reading the news about Shael.

Lol. He got screwed over for another shot at the lhw title.

Weidman got his title shot after beating Maia and Munoz. Lyoto got his after beating Mousasi and Munoz.

Not sure what the controversy is about.

I don't have a problem....former 205 champ who ko-ed top 10 Munoz and Mousasi is looked at as a top 5 185er .Outside of Weidman, Mousasi and maybe Rockhold- Lyoto finishes every mw on roster.
Again, I don't see the prob

Jacare has a "tremendous talent" too, dont you think? And he had a lot better resume at MW, so it seems its that marketing thing with Lyoto then..

Yes, I agree Jacare has tremendous talent, and i think he was probably considered for the shot, but I just dont think he is as talented as Machida. Thats just my opinion, but I think most would agree. I aslo dont think Jacares resume is more impressive simply becasue he hasn't beaten a top 5 guy. Had he beaten Rockhold, no doubt he would have had his shot by now, but unfortunately he came up short, and im not sure he wouldn't again.

First he gets a shot against Jones with an embarrasing 1-2 rekord by beating just a 48 year old Couture and now he gets another shot with just a 2 wins after losing to Davis and neither of those wins werent top5 (Munoz and Mousasi). Is he just lucky with the timing or what?

For comparison, Jacare is running on a 6 fight winning streak and he KO`d Okami who was on a 3 fight winning streak and who had just beaten Hector Lombard. That win alone should have put Jacare ahead of Lyoto imo. After beating Okami Jacare beat Carmont aswell who was on a 11 fight winning streak (6-0 UFC).

So, Jacare has one decent UFC win... over a guy who was cut a few months later by the UFC.

Well, Mousasi was on a seven fight unbeaten and a 20-1-1 streak. If beating Okami automatically puts Jacare ahead of Machida, then beating Gegard automatically gives him the belt for life.

The fact that Couture was 48 is not all that relevant, except in hindsight, because he was still very competitive at a high age. He still trumps Okami, as a win, BTW. Sorry, where is Okami now? That win really means that much?

Nothing embarrassing about losing to Shogun at his best since his Pride run, then "losing" a fight to Rampage that Rampage, himself, was sure he lost.

Machida gets title shots because he wins fights over top competition.

So, Jacare has one decent UFC win... over a guy who was cut a few months later by the UFC.

Come on, you cant say Carmont wasnt a decent win, he was on a 11 fight winning streak and 6-0 in UFC with wins over Lawlor, Larkin and Philippou. Jesus.. And you know firing Okami had nothing to do with him not being UFC caliber so no point to use that as a somekind of an argument. He had just beaten Hector Lombard and Alan Belcher.

Well, Mousasi was on a seven fight unbeaten and a 20-1-1 streak. If beating Okami automatically puts Jacare ahead of Machida, then beating Gegard automatically gives him the belt for life.

Mousasi still wasnt a top5 win, hell he wasnt ranked even a top10 if I remember right.

The fact that Couture was 48 is not all that relevant, except in hindsight, because he was still very competitive at a high age. He still trumps Okami, as a win, BTW. Sorry, where is Okami now? That win really means that much?

Lol, are you seriously trying to sell almost 48 year old Couture in his farewell fight as a somekind of worthy opponent for a title shot after 2 losses? :icon_chee That Machidas title shot got even ranked in the top5 in the most undeserved title shots in UFC history.

http://mma360.ca/10-home/521-top5tuesdayundeservingtitleshots :icon_chee

Nothing embarrassing about losing to Shogun at his best since his Pride run, then "losing" a fight to Rampage that Rampage, himself, was sure he lost.

"Losing" to Rampage.. How about "winning" the first Shogun fight, then huh?:icon_chee

well,beating mousasi means alot more than beating okami

Mousasi's a great fighter.

Also, people need to realize that The UFC Rankings are almost never used for title-shot opportunities.

complaining about Machida?

go complain about Vitor/Sonnen/Faber

Back