Why is Machida getting title shots so easily?

Machida beat Munoz who Weidman beat to get his shot.

Then machida beat mousassi who sherdog proclaimed to be the simultaneous LHW MW champ and destroyer of souls.
Now he does not deserve it?

lmao, tis sherdog though

If you actually watch the fight and ignore the biased commentary and brazilian crowd, its kinda clear Davis won the rounds 1 & 2 by unified rules. Those elbows Davis landed on the ground probably did more damage than anything Machida landed on the feet. Machida looked helpless on the ground and was saved by the bell both times, imo.

I actually watched the fight.

I'm always happy to trust the media. When they're unanimous or near unanimous they do a far better job than the judges.

Two factors: he dropped down in weight (a lot of fighters get a quick ladder to the top if they move down and are successful) and is an ex-champ.

Are you that sour that Machida is fighting Weidman? It's gonna be awesome man.

I mean if Chael got an undeserved titleshot, got beatdown and won because Jones snapped his toe. If you wanna argue that Chael would've deserved it, fine, but that's crazy. .

^^^ That is a bit far fetched and you know it. I would not count Chael the champ on those terms, rather if he FINISHED Jones.

He would've been the ultimate right place, right time, lottery win type paper champion.

Exactly, The burden to keep the belt would be his. If he was in the right place at the right time, and was not deserving he would lose the belt after the first defense. Nobody would remember him as "the champ" like they will Jones, Anderson Silva, etc.

It would be a stupid fun fact for Goldberg to mention during his walkout.

Two factors: he dropped down in weight (a lot of fighters get a quick ladder to the top if they move down and are successful) and is an ex-champ.

Are you that sour that Machida is fighting Weidman? It's gonna be awesome man.

best answer. Don't be sour, its gonna be a great fight. I swear some fans.... don't want to see good fights

^^^ That is a bit far fetched and you know it. I would not count Chael the champ on those terms, rather if he FINISHED Jones.

That's what I meant though, that winning the belt having not earned the shot doesn't necessarily make you a deserving champ, lightening strikes.

I disagree with this. IF Chael finished off Jones I would say F*ck it, he deserved it.

^^ I said if Chael FINISHED Jones, not if Chael won on some slight technicality due to injury . Can't believe I responded to this troll. mang..

That's what I meant though, that winning the belt having not earned the shot doesn't necessarily make you a deserving champ, lightening strikes.

LIGHTNING strikes

dude. You misquoted me and are arguing with me and the people opposed to my opinion as well give it a rest.

^^ I said if Chael FINISHED Jones, not if Chael won on some slight technicality due to injury . Can't believe I responded to this troll. mang..

Your original statement implied that if someone wins the belt they deserved the shot which you later cntradicted:

If he was in the right place at the right time, and was not deserving he would lose the belt

How could he not be deserving if by winning the belt made him deserving?

On top of that I was the one who brought Chael up, not you.

Your original statement implied that if someone wins the belt they deserved the shot which you later cntradicted:

How could he not be deserving if by winning the belt made him deserving?

On top of that I was the one who brought Chael up, not you.

Yup. There you go again. A day or two from now you will argue like this with other folks. Have fun with that.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/5/5475600/jacare-souza-targeting-august-return-wants-michael-bisping

Said he won't be ready till August so yes it would have. The Machida fight was originally set for 173.

At least on that article there isnt anything about him saying he would not be ready untill August. And that article is from early March. But you are probably right, 5.7 would likely had been too soon for him. So yes, it seems Machida didnt just leapfrogged ahead of him without a reason. Maybe UFC would have offered Jacare that shot before Machida without that surgery. So I guess its just Machida being lucky with the timing. Vitors trt-issue, Jacares injury..

who else should get the shot, vitor had issues with whatever, machida makes an exciting fight, i dont see why people would have an issue with an exciting fight

I actually watched the fight.

I'm always happy to trust the media. When they're unanimous or near unanimous they do a far better job than the judges.

Well, they unanimously thought Hendricks won against GSP while its very easy to make a case for GSP winning the round 1 and therefore the fight by unified rules. Usually if its unanimous by journalists its right, not always though. I personally think Davis vs Machida was one of those times they got it wrong and I think the commentary and the brazilian crowd probably had something to do with it. 1 & 2 was too close on the feet for giving those rounds to Machida because of the takedowns Davis got. If you watch that Machidas flurry in the first closely you see almost every strike missed etc. Crowd and fans was just going crazy for nothing, imo.

Last edited:
Well, they unanimously thought Hendricks won against GSP while its very easy to make a case for GSP winning the round 1 and therefore the fight by unified rules. Usually if its unanimous by journalists its right, not always though. I personally think Davis vs Machida was one of those times they got it wrong and I think the commentary and the brazilian crowd probably had something to do with it.

machida vs davis could have gone either way, machida i believe is the better fighter, but he let davis dictate some of the pace which cost him. Machida should have always been at mw, that would have been interesting if he was, saying that as a fan of fights

Well, they unanimously thought Hendricks won against GSP while its very easy to make a case for GSP winning the round 1 and therefore the fight by unified rules. Usually if its unanimous by journalists its right, not always though. I personally think Davis vs Machida was one of those times they got it wrong and I think the commentary and the brazilian crowd probably had something to do with it.

I agree with the media in both instances and I can't think of a single time the media were unanimous and I disagreed. I see your point about the first though, I just scored it for Hendricks.

machida vs davis could have gone either way, machida i believe is the better fighter, but he let davis dictate some of the pace which cost him. Machida should have always been at mw, that would have been interesting if he was, saying that as a fan of fights

Yeah, wouldnt consider Machida vs Davis a robbery either way. A close fight is close.

Back