Why is LHW and HW so shallow?

The best athletes in the world are guys who are 220lbs and above, but still move fast like guys who are 185lbs and below. These A-level athletes are in the NFL/NBA, etc. because that’s where the real money is.

Greg Hardy is a perfect example. Whoever has the HW belt after DC is just keeping it warm for Greg Hardy. He’s gonna be champ early 2020, just because Dana is taking his time with him. He would KO Tai Tuivasa if they fought tomorrow.

Look at the way he slips the punch and counters with his right lightning fast. It looks more impressive than a Conor counter, and Hardy has only been pro for 2 fights.

There must be thousands of HW wrestlers out there but I guess they just don't see MMA as a career option.

chess is more of a 'real' sport than any of those gay parade ball sports.
10618636.gif

It's population/numbers

They aren't that many big men in the world....and there's an even smaller percentage from that small percentage of big men who are even coordinated/talented

And then there's an even smaller percentage, from that tiny percentage of talented big men, who even want to FIGHT, and or have the heart to want to fight etc

This is why the lower weight classes in boxing (140 and 147) and MMA (135/145/ESPECIALLY 155) will always have the deepest most stacked talent pools forever and consistently

There are simply billions more average sized men, and of those significantly larger more global talent pools, boxing and MMA are going to always get a significant amount of the more truly legit elite super talents

There will always be EXCEPTIONS at LHW/HW, but for the most part LHW/HW will always be shit and the shallowest. For a long time MW was shit too

Here's a fun fact. Of the top 10 all time great boxers in history, the vast majority on all the reputable lists, are all under 160 with most being 147 and under
This x100.

My highschool was 1800 kids and I don't think there was a single kid over 220lbs who was coordinated enough to even shoot a single leg takedown.

The ratio of athletic/coordinated 220+ males to athletic/coordinated 145-170lb males is like 1 to 15 (that's being extremely generous).

Nah man, you’re delusional. The best athletes are big guys who move like small guys. Greg Hardy is the best athlete MMA has ever seen. The way he slips this punch and counters with his right hand is much more crisp and fluid than someone like Conor.

Imagine how good Hardy’s counters will be when he has as much fights as conor does.

Hardy's opponent wasn't a good striker.

According to the NFL combine used to measure athleticism Brock is better in every measure and had a legit background in wrestling which Hardy doesn't.

zfG8oau.png

Anyone with decent grappling will dominate Hardy, he's gonna be the next Ngannou.

This x100.

My highschool was 1800 kids and I don't think there was a single kid over 220lbs who was coordinated enough to even shoot a single leg takedown.

The ratio of athletic/coordinated 220+ males to athletic/coordinated 145-170lb males is like 1 to 15 (that's being extremely generous).
{<huh}
most 220lbs children are probably fat.

But that's like P4P rankings and shit, which is pure conjecture

P4P is a fantasy that doesn't make sense in any other sport or in real life

All I know is that the 1000th ranked HW boxer would KO the best 135lber

I was curious to see who this would be so I looked it up.

#1000 boxer at HW according to Boxrec is Dato Biganishvili.

He's 0-1 quit in his corner after the third round in a 4 rounder against a guy who was 1-0.

Top 135er is P4P great Vasiliy Lomachenko.

I could see Lomachenko tagging him at will and Dato gassing and quitting on his stool from exhaustion.

IgnorantOrneryEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif

CoolAcclaimedBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

The best athletes in the world are guys who are 220lbs and above, but still move fast like guys who are 185lbs and below. These A-level athletes are in the NFL/NBA, etc. because that’s where the real money is.

Greg Hardy is a perfect example. Whoever has the HW belt after DC is just keeping it warm for Greg Hardy. He’s gonna be champ early 2020, just because Dana is taking his time with him. He would KO Tai Tuivasa if they fought tomorrow.

Look at the way he slips the punch and counters with his right lightning fast. It looks more impressive than a Conor counter, and Hardy has only been pro for 2 fights.

Just because Greg has the very rare required mindset to be a pro fighter doesn't mean every NFL/NBA athlete would have. He probably started MMA because he felt he had a legit potential to be a great fighter. Most NFL players would probably openly admit they could never do it for living, even if the money was right.

most 220lbs children are probably fat.
Most 220lb adults are fat.......

My point was even the bigger 17-18 year olds who played sports where still pretty uncoordinated (there was NOT a lack of 145-170lb guys that had good athletic ability).

These so called "children" are the 4 and 5 star athletes that get recruited to D1 programs....... (i'm not fucking talking about elementary school kids, get real).

people don't like hearing that but it's true. Plus the pay is crap for most fighters anyway

Jon Jones gets lambasted for not going up to hwt. He would be an ideal size pg in the NBA. Prototypical QB or a very skinny TE in the NFL.

If weight cutting were eliminated, there would be more LHW and HW fighters.

My point was even the bigger 17-18 year olds who played sports where still pretty uncoordinated.

These so called "children" are the 4 and 5 star athletes that get recruited to D1 programs....... (i'm not fucking talking about elementary school kids, get real).
<{outtahere}>

<OKC16>
Are you a gnome?

Fedor was way past his prime

This phrase needs to stop being used, especially when it's used against Henderson's old ass.

Hendo is 6 years older, weight cutting from as small as welterweight to as big as heavy and they had the exact same number of fights when they met.

Are you a gnome?
I don't understand the confusion.

For every athletic bigger guy there's 15 athletic smaller guys. There's very few natural heavyweights that are athletic/coordinated enough to even practice MMA

I don't understand what exactly your trying to tell me ? (most college linebackers/linemen/BB players where well over 200lbs in highschool so I don't understand the misdirection of most kids are fat ? especially since it still doesn't change anything i've stated).

I don't understand the confusion.

For every athletic bigger guy there's 15 athletic smaller guys. There's very few natural heavyweights that are still athletic/coordinate enough to even practice MMA.

I don't understand what exactly your trying to tell me ?

what do you mean by big?

two days ago we had 5 big people here and 4 did well (coordination program soccer).

or did you mean 7 feet tall/400 lbs people?
<{outtahere}>

It’s more lucrative to be an NFL practice squad guy making 130K/year with free gear, coaching, health care than MMA.

I do like Tuivasa, hope he’s working.

Woodley said it best
205 = faster than HW with decent power
185 = power + less speed
170 = power + speed
155 = less power + more speed
Etc.

Heavyweight has a lot of old dudes as well so you got people like Anthony Smith walking right through them. I’d say most heavyweights that are coming up just have shit ethic when it’s either diet(Derrick Lewis) or training (Ngannou). It’s also probably a bitch having to carry all that weight and try to be technical and creative with your striking.

I think Volkov is probably the next HW champion after DC steps down. His performance against Werdumb was fantastic his striking and TDD is top notch. Also Stipe is talented, but DC is just a top tier fighter and has proved it so many times. Arlovski beat Tai fuck the judges the man fought smart and hard and they give the nod to that shoey fat fuck.

This seasons TUF is heavyweights and Contender series signed a lot of HW prospects. Maybe we’ll see a turn around next year? Bantamweight had its best year this year thanks to the fuck ups and interim belt bullshit lol.

Back